Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete Phillips: "Short Sweetie" on the Bench: 2/6/17

John Teresi

Hello......I got the primer on the body and finished up all the body work.......I put on a base coat of H.O.K. Orion Silver and then shot H.O.K. Kandy Red.......I pinstriped the cab with  White and Orange  1/16 KwikStripe tape..... The 1/16 KwikStripe was still a little to wide so I cut some strips in half with # 11 Exacto Blade ....... I like the width now..........thanks for looking

John.... Killer Paint work. Your paint jobs are always some of the very best on here. With out a doubt this is going to 100 times way better than the original. Nice work, It should make Mark very proud he chose you for this one. Again nice job!

And let the jousting begin...

I enjoy any good builds, I don't limit myself to specific styles or types. I don't just comment on my own builds or a select few members. I like to see what everyone is doing. Sharing techniques and experiences. Your both talented builders that have inspired the hobbiest. 

And while the subject may be a turd, the model is amazing.

Edited by James2
+

WOW, one (or more) people forgot to take their meds.

Having seen Chris be constantly supportive of John and his talents, I a little surprised at John's response to Chris' post.

I'm hoping all parties will just chalk it up to people "having a bad day" and move on...isn't that what friends and comrades do?

Hello.......I got a clear coat over the pinstriping so that it will never come loose or off......I attached the working lights......frame and engine is instaled ......and I  got the posable whees on.......I put the White Naugahyde incerts  on the doors and wraped the Chenille around the edges......I used Liquid Glass from Laski Scale Specialties .com. to glue the Chenille in place......people ask me questions sometimes about what kind of products to use,well?......this Liquid Glass glue is the bomb......you need to get some of this stuff it is Awesome.........I also attached the White Naugahyde on the running boards ...... thanks for looking

Very nice results on the clear, what brand is it?  Did you Polish it Out? Looks like you did,  but I thought you might not to stay period correct. 

Hi Mark.......I use RM 5800 Urethane Clear   3 part.........no,I never polish any of my paint jobs out......if I have a piece of dust in the paint I will sand it out with 2500 and then polish that out.......thanks for asking

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I filed down the glass to fit and got that attached........I added some foil and face decals to the dash,with the steering wheel, and got that attached......I attached the firewall........I finished flocking the interior and added a blue sun roof like the original........I attached the nose with the radiator,cap and hoses  ......I also attached the front nerf bumpers and spot lights.......I made a vent for the front of the cowl and chrome foiled that......I modified some exhaust pipes and got those attached......and attached the spare tire......I will finish up the bed tomorrow......thanks for looking