Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Cadillac - Class of '50 - Graduate #1

Ramfins59

At long last I finally finished this car.  I don't know whether it was born under a bad sign or what, but it took forever to get it done.  This is a Modelhaus resin kit that I got early last year.  I discovered that through some strange error, I received 2 rear bumpers and no front bumper.  It took about a month or so to get that corrected.  Then when I was installing the glass I got a drop of CA glue smack dab in the center of the vacuformed windshield.  No amount of polishing was able to remove the glue mark from the glass.  Fortunately Steven Guthmiller came to the rescue.  He also had one of these kits that he hadn't built yet.  He graciously sent me the glass from his kit and I was able to get a replacement glass from Modelhaus for him before they closed down their website.  Then a long period of procrastination and a serious case of the modeling blahs set in and the car sat painted, foiled but unassembled for quite a few months.  Today I finally sat my butt down and put the car together.

It is painted Tamiya Pure White with Duplicolor clearcoat and I'm calling it my "Great White Whale" for obvious reasons.  The interior is done in white primer and Maroon flocking with BMF trim.  The dash is body color with BMF and parts box gauges etc.  A cut down shirt pin was used for a column shifter and gas & brake pedals were added because there weren't any.

Here's "The Great White Whale"......  Any and all comments are welcomed, and thanks for looking in on this.  Hopefully the next car won't take quite so long to build.

Looks really nice Rich!

But I'm confused, I thought that the glass that we had batted back & forth was from the '56 Caddy.

I know that you had built a powder blue '56 a while back & I was under the impression that was the glass that you needed.

Regardless, the glass that I sent you was from the '56.

I don't own the '50.

So either way it turned out well! :D

Anyway, it looks terrific!

Steve