Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Bed buggy

Mr mopar

Round 2 is certainly taking advantage of their Barris Connection.....

They might as well use the licensing rights while they have them. I assumed the Barris 'T would be reissued, too, but hopefully the Bed Buggy news means the Barris T won't be reissued.

Amen, Casey. The Corvair Based Barris T, is a decent but not great Show Rod, and as common as dirt right now. I have two sealed issues that have been to to three swapmeets and not sold. Looking at the instructions for the Bed Buggy explain why Round2 is doing this. The Chassis and powerplant for both kits are the same. Round2 has either found and restored, or retooled the Bed Buggy parts, and the Barris T parts are close at hand. Voila, a New kit.

Good For Round2. This will lower the insane eBay prices for another kit.

Edited by alexis
Spelling Errors

But will the reissue include the leopard print sticker for the bed?

I sure hope not that printed sticker stuff was garbage was not even close to the real car ,but if anything I hope it is a decal and put the correct rear tires in the kit , long with yellow glass !

Good question, they seem to leave at least one important piece out of ALL of these show rods, like the Beverly Hillbillies truck - ( the little decal to allow a builder to make the hot rod version ) , The Raiders Coach - ( the figures ) , etc, etc...... so ..... I don't think it's too far fetched to expect the leopard print rug to be missing from this one. Granted, this sort of thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but  when they offer them - it may be nice to have it complete - never mind the extra marketing jazz, such as fancy bases, posters, glitter plastic, etc...... just provide all the parts.  

Wasn't AMT still owned by Racing Champions last time those two kits were reissued? That was 2000 and 2004. 

I never thought I'd see this kit reissued but I can't wait to get one. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iBorg said:

I read where it had been cancelled about three days after passing on a mint in box one original issue for $40.

I did saw/read the Elegant Farmer cancellation news Doug posted, but not anything regarding the Bed Buggy.