Model Cars Magazine Forum

limited amount of pics ?

Alan

Are we limited to the total amount of pics we can post ?  I have seen others literally post 100 at a shot . I am trying to make a new post and it says I only have 0.03MB   So it does not matter how small I make the pic it is too large ????

If you are uploading your photos directly to the site, then yes you are limited to quantity and size of the files. When you see posts with lots of photos, it is because they are using a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr.

The site limits direct uploads because those files take up space and resources allocated on the server for this forum.

I do not see any percentage bar or message about used space. Dave was going to look into making some changes to this function, so not sure what, if anything has been done.

Interesting.................................just tried posting photos without using Photobucket. Worked GREAT! Does this mean that PB is no longer needed, and will doing photos this way NOT overload the servers? Works great, whatever was done! THANK YOU!!!!

Edited by redneckrigger

• 1 month later...

I'm still wondering about the attachment limit.......... Has anything changed besides not having a percentage bar? I would hate to attach a bunch of pics only to find out later that there IS a limit and have to go back and delete........ and I hate photo hosting sites   :wacko:

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Just a question for MCM Admins, are there enough members to justify looking into expanding your blog so we could post pictures directly?  I would rather pay MCM a fee, much like getting a subscription to the dead tree edition.  I had horrible customer service with Flickr, tried Ipernity when many people left, but it's been lackluster.  Otherwise, will try Fokti.

It is supposed to be unlimited photo posting, but it may have reset during maintenance. I will bring this to Dav's attention.

I use Fotki and rarely upload directly to the site. Even though it is supposed to be unlimited, common sense tells me that there has to be a limit to what the server hosting company will allow before they start charging for additional space.

We actually have no limit on disk space for the site. In this context, anything included in a post is site content, and in accordance with our terms of service. 

I don't see anything that would cause you to hit any kind of space limit. I have encountered problems with files that contain spaces, or extended characters. There are also restrictions on the file types, but so long as they are gif, jpg, or png, you should be fine. 

I did resave those settings in case that makes a difference. 

Try it again, and PM me if you into any more issues. Attach the problematic image file, if you can.