Model Cars Magazine Forum

1st WIP for 2017, the Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper

Mike C

Further progress on the Mini. The chassis assembly is now complete although I think I should add seat belts before I install it into the body. By the way I'm using a new product that has become "all the rage" for us model builders, the Molotow chrome paint markers. The stick shift, steering wheel, velocity stacks, interior chrome trim and the chrome on the body:

P1030630%20Large_zps3nz4twhv.jpg
P1030634%20Large_zpse8gkyeo2.jpg
P1030628%20Large_zpsx6m62yky.jpg
P1030631%20Large_zpswvee5scd.jpg
P1030633%20Large_zpsmux1olai.jpg
P1030632%20Large_zpsbj3ixzaf.jpg

Edited by Mike C

Just a tip for you, you need to move the steering column more forward, it shouldn't be sticking up like that, if you don't move it, you won't be able to fit the body, as the steering wheel will be too far forward and will catch on the windshield, 

Just a tip for you, you need to move the steering column more forward, it shouldn't be sticking up like that, if you don't move it, you won't be able to fit the body, as the steering wheel will be too far forward and will catch on the windshield, 

I mounted the steering wheel as per the kit instructions. I just put the body on it and it does fit, but the steering wheel is right up against the windshield.

I mounted the steering wheel as per the kit instructions. I just put the body on it and it does fit, but the steering wheel is right up against the windshield.

No you didn't, you've put the bottom of the steering column on the subframe mount, look at the instructions here, the bottom of the steering column os supposed to go between the brake and clutch pedal, a per the real thing

No you didn't, you've put the bottom of the steering column on the subframe mount, look at the instructions here, the bottom of the steering column os supposed to go between the brake and clutch pedal, a per the real thing

1967_Morris_Mini_Cooper_Page_4-vi_zpsfhq

I went ahead and fixed it just because it was annoying me. I had missed the hole between the pedals and I didn't glue the chassis into the body anyway. So I just popped it out and fixed it. My kit doesn't have that bottom pan in it (E14).

I went ahead and fixed it just because it was annoying me. I had missed the hole between the pedals and I didn't glue the chassis into the body anyway. So I just popped it out and fixed it. My kit doesn't have that bottom pan in it (E14).

it wouldn't, those instructions are for the Monte Carlo rally version, but the main parts are the same for all the Tamiya Mini kits, so far I've built 8 of them, although two were commissioned builds