Model Cars Magazine Forum

1998 S-10 Champ98, 1:43

This one started as 1:43 scale diecast replica released by Salvat.

I turned it into a replica of my 1:1 '98 chevy. 

It only took an afternoon 

Took her all apart, painted the interior (it was black) painted the chassis, eliminated a non stock running board (step?) and made some custom decals to replicate my S-10's  special series decals. 

It helped a lot she was already the right color. Just had to polish out a few little flaws. 

I'm planning to modify the wheels to match mine, but still thinking on how to do it. 

1998 S10 Champ 98 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

The 1:1

Chevrolet S-10 Champ 98 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

Chevrolet S-10 Champ 98 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

Thanks guys!!

Looks good! 

I was getting ready to say that I've never heard of an S10 Champ but then I saw where you are from and that explained why lol. That front end comes on the Isuzu Hombre here in the states.

Champ is just the special series name. Just 1200 trucks. Usually they were called just S-10 for the bare bones work truck, with all vinyl seats, rubber "carpeting" no a/c, no power anything, and basic four banger engine, S-10 Deluxe for the trucks with all the amenities plus the option of the V6, and Executive for the four door crew cab, with leather seats, automatic transmission, and faux wood on the dash.

man I would love to have a set of those tail lights for my Sonoma.     cool build as well. 

Those are quite easy to find here. The genuine GM stuff is less easy, but still available.