Model Cars Magazine Forum

Molotov liquid chrome pens

I am going to be in need of liquid chrome pen refills very soon now.  Does anyone know where I can order said refills?  I found one place in England that stocks the refills but states they can't ship to the US.  I have looked just about everywhere for them, but no luck.  Some if would be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...

I am going to be in need of liquid chrome pen refills very soon now.  Does anyone know where I can order said refills?  I found one place in England that stocks the refills but states they can't ship to the US.  I have looked just about everywhere for them, but no luck.  Some if would be greatly appreciated.

I was in Hobby Lobby last week and they're carrying the pens again, they may be able to get the refills.

I bought a pair of Molotow pens when they first came out and tried them, no big deal at all in my book.

I've looked at lots of videos of the Molotow and just can't bring myself to pay the price.  I can do the same things with Chrome silver testors and get close enough.  I use several different silver tones for various trim bits.  And I don't see where the Molotow is worth the extra cost and effort.  But I can also see how this is a game changer for some folks.  

For those who did not read the Molotow website, please remember that it is not paint, it is 'INK' and may fade with age, can't be touched or coated at all, covers like ink, not paint :) 

Look up the definition of 'chrome' and make sure you know what you are buying...really bright silver :)  

Chromium plate as a decorative or protective finish on motor-vehicle fittings and other objects.
...denoting compounds or alloys of chromium.