Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Ray Pete 579 Rework

I finally got this baby to where I can show it here.....I want to build a Moebius 53'er for it, but I'll have to do that later.....I have other projects that need my attention.....I reworked this thing to produce a pretty believable model; if you will, that is....After some cutting, sanding, and some paint, I think it turned out all right.....However, that's just me.....You be the judge....:D I even had time to add some paint and subtle weathering to the trailer.....The excavator I had done some time ago, actually, but is the same as the one that came with the toy.....I can't believe I got a truck, trailer, and load for less than $60......

I'd also like to extend a special "Thank You" for Tim Ahlborn's Fotki page for reference.....He's done some amazing things with this toy......I was so impressed, I've already started another one......This is a great shelf model, now.....I really like it.....

The toy, before.....

The toy, after.....

20170212_155644_zpsvrdpwl0a.jpg

20170212_155302_zpsdtkrbg2a.jpg

20170212_155340_zpsfqyhgsib.jpg

20170212_155321_zpscedijv6e.jpg

20170212_155343_zpsshmk1l6h.jpg

20170212_155829_zpsahmpgatn.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks, Guys.....I'm glad y'all like it....These kinds of things are just too much fun....I highly recommend doing something like this to get out of a slump, for sure.....No real expectations at all, as it's just for the shelf.....Only to see how much better you can make it look.....And something I don't already have......Only took about a week and a half to get it to this point.....ALL of it fun work.....

Very cool! I've got one of these set aside for a rework project, but I think I'm more intrigued by what I can do with the trailer. :lol:

I'm with you, Chuck....The trailer was what sealed the deal....I figured if the truck wasn't very good, I'd at least have the trailer to mess with.....Turns out, the whole thing is worth the money, for sure......

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 weeks later...