Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 32 Ford Vicky 60s Traditional / Show Rod

CabDriver

Looking good. 

The clear will make everything have the same sheen but seals the weathering. 

Doing the weathering last creates more contrast. 

IMHO

Great advice!  Thanks James!

Went with a darker shade for the interior - I woke up this morning and thought "oh God, this is terrible".  Prefer it in the darker brown, even though I imaged the lighter color looking better. 

03511914303808-vi.jpg

19511914379803-vi.jpg

...and on with some final assembly.  Despite the relative simplicity of this kit, a lot of the fitment is what I would call character building, even factoring in some of the provisions I made through the build to make it a little easier.  Getting there though...

53512012993552-vi.jpg

01512013001942-vi.jpg

• 3 years later...

I realize it's too late, but I want to apologize to everyone for their disappoint in me. This was not my intention. I was originally approached by Dave Burkett of Model King about the 35 Chevy modified. We had decided that I would do a brief "How To" inside the box. A disclaimer was agreed to be put on the outside of the box. Unfortunately, there was no agreement or even a thought to the size of the font. My whole rein business started with that 35 sedan modified. In my defense who of any of you sitting at your hobby desk right now wouldn't do a complete back flip if someone asked you to build a model to be put on the cover of an AMT kit box?? Over time I was asked to do three. No one involved meant to be disappointed. Everyone was more less starting a fairly new business, and a lot that we did not know, was expected to be done by AMT. I honestly feel terrible every time I see someone disappointed in me. I have actually struggled with myself and my mind since my sons death in 2008. Things evolved over the years until in Jan of 2020 I was placed in a hospital. After a sufficient time there, and receiving help, 2021 will be my first year that I'm actually looking forward to being alive, and doing things I have missed for years. Again, I apologize for my errors and mistakes.     Fred Sudlow

On 2/28/2017 at 6:15 PM, James2 said:

That is Fred Sudlow 's model with his resin parts added. FRW was the company but I don't think he is selling any more. It's a shame to he had the best stuff!

This kit got me back into the hobby about 18 yr ago. I even ordered some wheels and tires from him to build a short track car. Made a few friends on his site too. 

Your doing a good job with it, keep going...

20 hours ago, FRW said:

I realize it's too late, but I want to apologize to everyone for their disappoint in me. This was not my intention. I was originally approached by Dave Burkett of Model King about the 35 Chevy modified. We had decided that I would do a brief "How To" inside the box. A disclaimer was agreed to be put on the outside of the box. Unfortunately, there was no agreement or even a thought to the size of the font. My whole rein business started with that 35 sedan modified. In my defense who of any of you sitting at your hobby desk right now wouldn't do a complete back flip if someone asked you to build a model to be put on the cover of an AMT kit box?? Over time I was asked to do three. No one involved meant to be disappointed. Everyone was more less starting a fairly new business, and a lot that we did not know, was expected to be done by AMT. I honestly feel terrible every time I see someone disappointed in me. I have actually struggled with myself and my mind since my sons death in 2008. Things evolved over the years until in Jan of 2020 I was placed in a hospital. After a sufficient time there, and receiving help, 2021 will be my first year that I'm actually looking forward to being alive, and doing things I have missed for years. Again, I apologize for my errors and mistakes.     Fred Sudlow

Not hijacking the thread, but wanted to show the positivity of building models and of Fred’s contributions!

Edited by James2