Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Crown Victoria

sdbos777

• 4 weeks later...

The car is nearly complete.  I used the photo etch parts and they came out very nice.  I sprayed them with alclad 2 chrome, then red/white/blue enamel.  After all the emblems and foil were on I put on several coats of clear lacquer.  Up close it interfered with the alclad chrome - it's not as smooth or silver as before.  But unless you're looking through a magnifier it still reads as chrome and looks good.

Chassis On B.jpg

Hood Photoetch.jpg

Final Parts.jpg

Trunk Photoetch.jpg

Edited by sdbos777

Here is the finished product.  It came out very nice.  I must say that this model was extremely challenging, and it fought me every step of the way, right down to the last piece - the front bumper, which was twisted.  Even on one side, up or down on the other.  With no positive contact pin/hole connections I was left to try to work it out with super glue and epoxy.  There was a LOT of cleanup and fabrication work on this, given all the resin parts, and the usual mediocre quality of AMT kits.  In the end though it looks great.

Complete 3.jpg

Complete 9.jpg

Complete 13.jpg

Complete 15.jpg

Complete 21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That turned out great. I had no idea the Hendrix stuff was sub-par, I'd always heard good things about it. Good to know.

I really like your solution to the front signal light problem, I'd never thought of that. 

Steve I hope your car turns out great for your mother. My mother is gone now and I miss her everyday. She was a great mother and didn't spare the rod. I wish I could build something for her. keep us posted on the progress. Who made that kit I would like to have a grille for a 55 Jr. Johnson sportsman car I am building.