Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 352 Double Bunk

By far one of the finest builds to date in my less than humble opinion.  

Truly an OUTSTANDING effort and accomplishment few dare tackle much less see to completion.

My hat is off to both of you!   

Let him know the ferry and the half track in the background look cool too. 

Peace

I REALLY enjoy hearing stories of parents spending this kind of time with their children. It WILL be remembered! My father was an auto body man and as a kid one of my favorite things was when he took me to work. Give me an old door he had just yanked off of something, throw it on a couple of saw horses and had me a hammer. I had always hoped my sons would be interested in cars, but they are not. However....my grandson is!!!! :D SO there is model building in his future for sure.

Thanks for all the comments guys. He reminded me that he helped with the half-track too. The ferry is Lego and he has taken it apart and rebuilt it several times. He probably could have built the Peterbilt by his self, but the flash was terrible. I trimmed and he put it together.

Thanks again guys!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, landman said:

That has to be very rewarding Brian. Keep encouraging him.

Thanks Pat! That was a year and a half ago. His interest in models has definitely decreased, but I'm still encouraging him. His older brother takes a spell where he decides to build a model now and then, but when it gets slightly difficult he quits. Still trying to encourage them both.

• 4 weeks later...