Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973 Road Commander Aerodyne

And now you are topping it off with "mismatch" flap to boot..  WONDERFUL!  This thing keeps getting better every day!

Since this wonderful work of art predates (and far surpasses) the  "Road Commode II" era, to dare use such a term borders on an insult.  A more fitting name seems in order  So below is a link to a list of 101 other names for commode.  Lots of good ones and most are suitable for all ages. 

To spare a few the time and inconvenience of following the link, I am partial to  - #37  "House of Ease" emblazoned on the back of the cab in fancy script and  a few jugs of SAE 40 resting between the fuel tanks and frame rails.  Airbox drains  slobbering like a Saint Bernard on a summer day and flames coming out the stack. Rock on brother!

https://www.rotorooter.com/blog/101-names-for-a-toilet-marking-101-years-since-thomas-crappers-death/

It is a truly great work.  Thanks for sharing.

Peace.

Thanks for all of the comments guys!!

The interior is done. I was going with gold carpet using flocking, but didn't like the results. I decided to try to replicate paneling like would have been found in mobile homes campers and even sleepers. I used felt for green overhead carpeting.

34169957693_25f5623d80_h.jpgIMG_3004 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

34980792335_a189ca07f2_h.jpgIMG_2994 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

34980789035_263168e695_h.jpgIMG_3007 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

34980785275_37cf9b5e24_h.jpgIMG_3009 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

34980778405_ce8cf3ce55_h.jpgIMG_3011 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

You have hit a home run on this one!  A grand slam IMO.   

Don't forget the metal thermos and a full bottle of coke somewhere to clean the windshield!

As info - Perhaps White had something better, as I am an old GM guy.  GM's foot operated "siphon pump" windshield washer system of the early 70's was only a fraction of an inch away from totally worthless on a good day. Shaking up a coke bottle and spraying the windshield was pretty common way of bug removal while rolling.

Again, fantastic work and thanks for sharing.

Peace.

i love this build , great work

talkin about music , my older brother has in these day,s a 8track [ was here very hard to find the tape,s  , was here not a great succes ]

he had some country style for on the road

i have stil the old record,s from merle haggard [ theme movin on ] red sovine , red simson , dick curless and many others

and 1 time in the year a play the records on a old player with the noise of the records of these day,s , goosebums work , going back in time

when i read the reply of the thing,s you put in the cab i can almost smell and feel the history of it

great work just like it

jacobus