Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for specific wheels

I've seen both of those wheels in kits, but I can't remember which kits.  I'm sure we have experts on MCM that will be able to tell you exactly which kits have those wheels.  The wheel on the right looks like a stock wheel from many different kits.  I have  a ton of them.

Yeah I have several too... That more a less just for reference. The pro touring ones look just like them, but with a modern flair. Seen them on a 70 trans am a while back and though the mixture of vintage and modern was just dead sexy.

If you're looking for large-diameter versions of ARE Torq-Thrusts, some versions of the Revell snapper '63 Vette roadster have them.

And their snapper '57 Chevy has these large-diameter Halibrand-ish wheels, which I believe American actually makes.

Are those larger than 15"?  Several Monogram kits had wheels similar to the one on the left (mid-Eighties Monte Carlo, for example).  A 15" wheel in 1/24 scale could pass for a 16" wheel in 1/25.

A couple of Monogram Mopar kits had Magmum 500-style wheels, again those could pass for 16".  Monogram's interpretation of that wheel always looked a bit shallow and flat to me, which would work to your advantage here.

Yeah the ones on the left are 15 or 16. I had a set on a 85 cutlass that I used to own... wish I still did... and am wanting to capture that on an upcoming build.

The only pic I can find this morning of the "magnums" I can seem to find this morning doesnt really show them that well...

wheels1.thumb.jpg.ebd5beef0dcc83656342bewheels2.thumb.jpg.31c22964b75581cfee83ab

The Rev/Mon Monte Carlo SS has some very similar, and there is a fellow on e-bay who cast the large dia. SS wheel. His castings are top shelf up there with the best. I have bought many different sets of his wheels including those.

Those are Casey Littman's. You guys should really ck his stuff out before you look anywhere else.

Casey`s wheels and parts are super clean! really nicely cast. Ive got a bunch of different wheel sets from him over the past few years, never been disapointed.