Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Plymouth Roadrunner COMPLETE 2-19-2017

426-Hemi

Thanks guys!!!! You can see the build on it as well.... This car model has a bit of meaning to me in it. I went through a bad accident back in '15, and this model happens to be thee first I worked one built & opened after that accident on my hands and what was the therapy for my dexterity..... So, having said that, and whats its done and how it looks? Yeah, I'm pretty proud!

Thanks tho guys! Much appreciated!

Well John you should be proud of how well you build turned out.  Especially with what you've been through. Had you now told us the story, I would not have even known you had problems with your hands, especially, based on the quality of your build. Outstanding work.

Jim,

That I am, very proud! I thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated! 

I take it you read the first posting of the actual WIP build of the car? It says a lot on what I had gone through and what I was fighting with the accident.... This single model is ALL I worked on, as I didn't want the quality of my work to show "different" within one model, that was started when both my hands were then whole, and so, I pulled a model to start with whatever I could do, as I was then, I THINK that was October of 2015 I started this model! Accident happened July 3rd 2015! But that too, this one model gave me FREE Dexterity therapy!!!!! So with all that I am very proud on the outcome! Pleased beyond words!

Very, very nice indeed! I didn't follow along on the Workbench thread, so I don't know, but what's up with the taillights? Is that some kind of modernized "blue dot" effect you were going for?

Whatever, it's still a great, very clean build! Drive on! B)

Very, very nice indeed! I didn't follow along on the Workbench thread, so I don't know, but what's up with the taillights? Is that some kind of modernized "blue dot" effect you were going for?

Whatever, it's still a great, very clean build! Drive on! B)

I just google-imaged some real '68 RR taillights and now I understand what's going on there. I'd just never noticed the black surround to the backup light before, so...never mind! B)