Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Walking Dead 2/19/2017 Iconic Truck Trailer

ranma

For the ones who watch AMC"s The Walking Dead's second episode of this eason (02/19/2017) got an Iconic treat. The Trailer that was used in the Original Smokey and the Bandit was used as a back drop in a sceen with Daryl and one of the men from the kingdom. I knew the trailer right away, My roommate wasn't sure untill the last question on the Talking Dead was about the Iconic Trailer.

I saw that, pointed it out to my wife during the episode. Her only comment "only you would know that, but you can't remember what you did 5 minutes ago" neat little nostalgia thing. I think it's kinda sad to see a somewhat iconic thing like that in a state of disrepair though.

Edited by Phirewriter

I didn't catch it at all until they mentioned it on TD.

But unlike Chris Hardwick, I DID know immediately what Andrew Lincoln was talking about when he mentioned Star Trek in his comments about the Garbagedome scene. (He also mentioned Star Wars, Road Warrior, and Gladiator, all of which inspired that scene.)

So Hardwick said it was the actual trailer from SATB. Now it's easy to dirty up and dress a trailer to look apocalyptic, but I can't imagine that someone would have added the lower skirts to that trailer, would they? Knowing what the trailer is, wouldn't the owner leave it original?

I'm guessing it's a replica. Still, pretty cool to see.

So Hardwick said it was the actual trailer from SATB. Now it's easy to dirty up and dress a trailer to look apocalyptic, but I can't imagine that someone would have added the lower skirts to that trailer, would they? Knowing what the trailer is, wouldn't the owner leave it original?

Maybe they were added so that the Saviors can't see Daryl and Cooper fighting through the space that would be open under the trailer. Maybe the trailer is restored, or in great shape, and they didn't want to dirty up the undercarriage.....the owner of the trailer could have even added the skirts sometime himself for whatever reason. Who knows :P

I'm guessing it's a replica. Still, pretty cool to see.

So I went and googled a bit. I noticed that the original trailer and the dead trailer look slightly different. The sheetmetal sides appear to have different patterns. I can't tell much else, like the frame style or rivit pattern. One of the first sites listed in my google search was "moviepilot" something or other. They said

"the distinctive truck that Richard and Daryl shelter behind before Richard reveals his plan, a truck that was actually an almost-identical replica of the one used in Smokey and the Bandit!" https://moviepilot.com/p/the-walking-dead-season-seven-episode-ten-details/4209094

So you might be correct. :o