Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Street T

PatW

I like your buildup of this kit! Effective colour choices also. I had this kit years ago when the "chrome" was gold in the box. I just couldn't bring myself to build it. Years later, the kit was made available again and Ì bought a couple of them because they are so cool. Your build gets the desire going aģain!

Thanks guys. I tried other colours but had problems with drying even after 2 grey undercoats and 2 of white undercoat. Firstly yellow gloss, clean it all off! Then Black Gloss and the same reaction, not properly dry just a bit tacky after a couple of days in a warm room! So clean it all off add all of the undercoats and tried Plasti-Kote rattle can chrome, 3 coats and 2 coats of Tamiya Pearl Gloss. At last!

Cheers Ron, thanks for the comments and yes I've seen a similar kit but the box art shows side decals and the headers are different........................

85-4336-lg_zpsa925lj4g.jpg

Different headers and decals, no decals with this one! Everything else looks the same.. This kit is the Ford T Street Rod.

• 2 weeks later...