Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Thunderbird- Custom

RestoModGuy

Just a quick build that wasn't going to be as I was given this AMT kit and thought I would never build it. I used the body as a Paint test to try out some variations.

After polishing it I thought maybe one day I'll finish it. It sat on the bench for several months then I received the Molotow Chrome pens and decided to use it to test the pens. In 5-minutes I had all the chrome trim done and decided I might as well finish it. No BMF on this one. Still will use BMF for trim on big builds, but for these quickie builds the chrome pen is just fine.

This is not a very well detailed kit so I decided to "curbside" build it as a showcase piece. It turned out okay I suppose for a a build I never intended to ever build.

Paint is Duplicolor Torreador Red Metallic with Duplicolor Effects pearl clear. Bottom is Universal black. It's hard to see how nice this paint looks from a photo-light-box, but I will say it's gorgous in sunlight.

DSCN1449.thumb.JPG.acd1b9945fb1055ca9106

DSCN1454.thumb.JPG.005a719348f23296feed6

DSCN1450.thumb.JPG.c848f3fc80fcaf9daa4ea

Edited by RestoModGuy