Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Plymouth Belvedere I

mrmike

This is my '65 Belvedere I painted with Tamiya TS-18 Metallic Red with a Model Master Insignia Red interior.  Wheels and tires are from the kit and the engine is wired.  The hood scoop is from the Revell '67 Charger.

Edited by mrmike

Man!  That Belvedere kicks so much butt it SHOULD have feet!  It turned out REALLY nice.  I like the torq thrusts and that color combo is killing it!  I have to admit after seeing your post I wired my alternator too.  I loved that detail, and it is part of my "Step up your game" program.  Thanks for the inspirational build.  I will post my build too if you want to see that.  I have to say again the Belvedere looks REALLY nice man.

Thanks for the nice words everyone!  

Very nice build and I'm loving the SHINY :D:D:D.  But tell me please, how did you do the shift pattern on the shifter?  Please don't tell me it's hand painted.

No, it's not hand painted.  I tried to get a friend of mine who can do that type of detailing and he couldn't because of the slippery paint on the ball.  He gave me a 4-speed decal and said "Good luck"!  It took me almost ten minutes to get the decal positioned correctly after I had coated the ball with Solvaset.  After a few more minutes, I put a dallop of Solvaset on the decal and a few minutes after that I pushed the decal on and squeezed out all the extra water and Solvaset.  I must have lost 4 shift knob decals over the years and I have been able to save two...this week alone!