Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pegasus builder R. Mike Johnson gone?

I did a quick search on this subject and didn't find anything on this subject here so I thought I'd post this. I hope it's ok to do so: 

To my surprise and sadness I heard that model master Mike Johnson passed away last month.

For those not familiar, Mike Johnson was the top winner of the first Revell-Pactra contest in the early 60's with the model car he called 'Pegasus'. In honor of his win, a bronze copy of his car was made to subsequently top the contest trophys for that prestigious contest.

I was fortunate enough to have known Mike personally in the 90's when we lived in Las Vegas, NV. I moved from Las Vegas in 2001, lost touch over the years and am now stunned over the news of his passing.   

If anyone has any info regarding this news please share. If you're not comfortable doing so publicly please message me. Mike was a not only an amazing model car builder, but also a good friend and great mentor. It would also be great to hear any stories and see any memorabilia about Mike that might be floating around out there.     

While informative, the above webpage does not mention whether Mike is still with us or not.

I actually mention it in the body of my text in the second line:

'To my surprise and sadness I heard that model master Mike Johnson passed away last month.'

In hindsight, I probably should not have titled my thread with a question mark. I also see how that could cause some confusion. I did double check and found an obituary online confirming what I heard(I probably should have mentioned that as well)and am wondering if anyone has any more information...