Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2015 Mustang GT

Againmikewins

Hey everyone! I decided to pick up one of the Revell 2015 Mustang GT kits from the build and play series. I got tired of waiting to see if there would be a full detail kit coming soon. Are you listening, Revell? People will buy this kit! 

Anyway, I decided to detail the interior and what little that I could on this kit, for as simply detailed it is as it stand. I just wanted a quick and satisfying build. 

The body was painted in Duplicolor's Storm Gray over Duplicolor gray primer. The color is close to Ford's Guardsman Gray Metallic. I'll hopefully be able to get the clear coat sprayed tomorrow and I'll try and get the interior pictures up tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

13509332573663-vi.jpg

20509332580930-vi.jpg

59509332499577-vi.jpg

24509332584691-vi.jpg

Paint looks good.

Ben

Thanks, Ben! I'm pretty happy with the results. It has 2 coats of primer to prevent the red plastic from seeping through the color. I then did a mist color coat and one wet color coat. 

I'm currently working on printing the dashboard gauges and touch screen. Once that's done, this will be up on the shelf. 

Thanks, Ben! I'm pretty happy with the results. It has 2 coats of primer to prevent the red plastic from seeping through the color. I then did a mist color coat and one wet color coat. 

I'm currently working on printing the dashboard gauges and touch screen. Once that's done, this will be up on the shelf. 

Looking forward to how you go on the interior.

Ben

Heck, still waiting for revell or any one kit up the 13-14, and of course the 15.  Come on revell, ford...get it together!  Sick of seeing camaro's on the shelves. Help please!

I have a Revell '14 GT and a Revell '13 Boss 302. Is there something incorrect for those kits? I didn't notice anything that jumped out when I looked at the kits. 

I have seen the 14'  and that is not what I want to spend my money on. It comes prepainted, windows in it.  It's for kids and people that are just starting into this hobby.  If you or others know of a 14' gt different than the one I know of let me know.

The 13' boss however is a good kit and I do have it.  Time for a 13'GT, maybe a topless model. 

I have seen the 14'  and that is not what I want to spend my money on. It comes prepainted, windows in it.  It's for kids and people that are just starting into this hobby.  If you or others know of a 14' gt different than the one I know of let me know.

The 13' boss however is a good kit and I do have it.  Time for a 13'GT, maybe a topless model. 

mine came molded in white styrene with two hoods. The same box as this one. 

IMG_1353.thumb.PNG.6c1ada4b85987ea0e214e

The 13' boss however is a good kit and I do have it.  Time for a 13'GT, maybe a toples Wus model. 

Would I be wrong to assume there isn't a difference between '13 and '14 models? I agree with you on the convertible! 

That is what I am looking for. The one I mentioned is more of a snap tite than this one of yours.  Is it the kit from Germany? Any issues with it?

I haven't built it yet, bit it seems like a good kit. Less detailed than the '13 Boss kit, but far from a snap kit. Idk if it's based on the Revell of Germany kit or not, but I'll assume so? 

Nice work on the 2015. And yes, still cant believe Revell has not produced a full kit of this yet considering they have basically done every year of the previous generation with a full detailed kit.

As for another detailed option for the 2014 car, Plamoz has a 2013 TK for the Shelby GT 500. Based off the 2010 Shelby kit, it updates the exterior and engine wheel/tires to the 2013. I robbed the some of the interior parts from a 2013 Boss 302 cause its closer to the Shelby than the 2010 kit. All in all a nice TK for the money. 

http://plamoz.com/products/125-2013-gt500