Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Shelby GT350 Custom (8 Apr *Under Glass*)

taaron76

Finished mocking up the rear 4-link and suspension. I still have to cut the axle tubes, but can't do that until I finish the rear hubs and disc brakes. Did a little bit more engine detailing as well. Went with the LeMans style carb for this one, being it was used on the '67 Shelby when it came out. Added line to connect the fuel bowls, fuel line, throttle cable and a vacuum line. Lots more to do, just waiting on parts.

Tim

20511904060466-vi.jpg

27511904067357-vi.jpg

33511904073764-vi.jpg

44511904084074-vi.jpg

39511904079150-vi.jpg

49511904089079-vi.jpg

outstanding work on the 4-link and engine detail so far Tim. Love the color contrasts on the 4-link.

Thanks buddy!

I had a heck of a time getting black BMF to stick to a matte finish. I used a mixture of BMF and a paint pen to finish up the trim. I still have some touchups to do, but I had so many issues with the BMF... I'm glad its almost over. I even bought a new sheet of it, but had the same luck. I usually have good luck with BMF, or at least the chrome type. I also finished up more of the suspension and just set it on the frame for a quick pic. I'll finish running the fuel line, brake lines and emergency brake lines this weekend, then I have mount the rear suspension in place. Still a lot of work left on this one.

IMG_1938-vi.jpg

IMG_3049-vi.jpg

IMG_3962-vi.jpgIMG_5772-vi.jpg

IMG_5933-vi.jpg

IMG_0880-vi.jpg

IMG_2870-vi.jpg

very nice work. I have this kit and started sanding the body on it to prep it and when I put the front bumper and stuff on, it drove e freaking nuts, so I am filling the seams and shaving it like the real car in the pic. I'll be watching this build closely, your work is super clean and this is turning out nicely. 

More details finished up on the '67 Shelby. The engine is just mocked up and none of the surrounding wires or brake line are hooked up. I have to cut the side of the front windshield off since I opened the doors up. I'm also waiting for my seats to arrive, but this one is getting closer to being finished by the day.

Tim

IMG_6609-vi.jpg

IMG_2890-vi.jpg

IMG_1723-vi.jpg

IMG_1557-vi.jpg

I agree with your choice of swapping out the oversized battery with the stock one Tim. Looks much better. It would not have looked out of place to do a color detail on the stock battery as well. Something like red top with white body on the battery to give it that motorcraft batter look.

Thanks guys!  This is a slow build, but I am close to wrapping this one up.  Front seats and seat belts, front and rear windshield, make a custom exhaust and driveshaft, connect brake lines to distribution/proportioning valve... that will about do it.  Probably another 7-10 days, no hurry.

Tim 

Finished mocking up the rear 4-link and suspension. I still have to cut the axle tubes, but can't do that until I finish the rear hubs and disc brakes. Did a little bit more engine detailing as well. Went with the LeMans style carb for this one, being it was used on the '67 Shelby when it came out. Added line to connect the fuel bowls, fuel line, throttle cable and a vacuum line. Lots more to do, just waiting on parts.

Tim

20511904060466-vi.jpg

33511904073764-vi.jpg

Hi Tim!

Where can I find those brackets that you used to make up the rear end?  I found the tubing, nuts & bolts @ RBM, but what about the rest of the parts?   Rear Ends are something I need to work on in order to get me to that "next level".  

Amazing work & details on your Shelbys !!  Love it !

TCB,

Adam

Absolutely beautiful!  But...Maybe I'm out of touch, but aren't the directional treads on the tires supposed to go in the opposite direction?  

They are, I have to swap them around.  I noticed after I took the pics.

Tim