Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr Crankys Rat Rod

I know, they're only models...but bolting a 55 pound piece of useless dead metal to the front of a real car, out in front of the axle, only serves to make it understeer worse and go slower.

You're right about that. I had the battery moved from the front of the car to the trunk, and could feel the difference with that weight relocated.

I like that idea. There are time that I would like to have one of those on the front of my Wrangler, and I don't mean when off road either.  

A most excellent weight reduction. Bones will clog more, but, metal is still heavier than meat.

A most excellent weight reduction. Bones will clog more, but, metal is still heavier than meat.

I was actually thinking about chewing on the rubber rear bumpers of the "Left Lane Setters" who are texting and not looking where they are going and speeding up only to slow down again. Of course they wake up when you go to pass and now they think you want to Drag Race. It seems to be a very big issue here, but this is another subject for another time. I'm just glad to see Dr. Cranky showing some of his ideas.    

I'd prefer to see spinning lawnmower blades...        Related image

Too messy to clean up afterwards!   :o   I prefer the usual  "Thump!  Thump!" when you run them over.

Bill, I'm surprised you haven't seized the opportunity to offer a light resin cast cam shaft for these rat rodders!  You could even pre-thread them!