Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge L700 years of production?

I've searched on here and did a bit of searching on the 'Net. I must not be entering the right search phrase. I'd like to know what years the L700 was produced. I know they were produced most, if not all, of the '60s, but I have no idea how much prior to the '60s they were around. The reason I'm asking is that one of the Lindberg kits includes a '40 Ford Coupe. Granted it's supposed to be an old, weathered Ford, but I wonder why they included a 1940 model car with it. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks, Stu. The L700 wasn't around in as much of the 60s as I remember. Maybe I just remember it well because I liked the looks of the truck. I don't recall what trucking line it was, but one of the L700s made regular deliveries to a couple of places in my hometown. I can remember seeing the driver turn that rig around in a parking lot that no other semi could have managed.

Makes sense on the '40 Ford. I'm doubting if I'll even assemble it. I have in mind putting one or two late 60s MOPARS on it for display. I even toyed with the idea of painting and detailing the truck to match an early F/X, funny car, or gasser. Although not common, I recall a few guys with rigs like that pulling into a couple drag strips in Texas many years ago.