Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Pro Stock Camaro body(TDR)

Has anyone picked up one of these from TDR?  It's available in 'White Strong & Flexible' and 'Frosted Ultra Detail'.  I never worked with a 3D printed part but this body looks very accurate.  

Which would be the better one to get to build up as a model?  'White Strong & Flexible' or 'Frosted Ultra Detail'?  I suspect 'Frosted Ultra Detail' is the best way to go.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MU8WTSTWD/1-25-usdr-certified-2013-pro-stock-camaro-slot-car?key=d61a31dac25f1d6b0e0a729d1c4c5674

Edited by crowe-t

MIchael, I bought a particular body from TDR recently in each of the 2 materials.  The Frosted Ultra Detail is the only way to go.  Today I primered the body and I can see there is a fair amount of work ahead of me to make it right.  The quality has vastly improved with the new material and technology.  I'm hopeful that when I sand it down I can get it correct in 2 or 3 primer applications.  To do the body mods that this particular body has would take more time I believe than trying to make the TDR body work.  I won't know till I get after it which might be a few weeks.  If I have anything to share I'll be sure to post my experiences.  Hope this helps.  Cheers, Tim

• 1 month later...

I've seen posts on Facebook in the TDR group talking about coating the bodies with superglue, then sanding. Seems like a lot of extra work. Any of you guys hear about this procedure?

I saw that same post on the TDR Facebook page.  

Has anyone else bought one of the TDR bodies?