Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fleet Pete

Hey, JT , does this come already in "your color" - or have you repainted the body?

What scale is it and where can one get it and for what price?

Helmut.....This baby is 1/24 scale and is made by New Ray....In China, too....I get mine from 3000toys.com for about $50, but you should be able to find it over there,,,,Maybe for cheaper, even.....But No, it doesn't come in the fabulous color of orange :wub:.....Just blue or black.....

20170130_1527222_zpsqyb7oq1r.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Is it curbside or have you put a motor in it? I saw Tim is busy with some of these too. They look great. Shame nobody will make us an outright new kit to build huh. You made it look beautiful as always. 

Thanks, Buddy....Naaa....This one is a total curbside.....Although, I plan on using an old Italeri chassis as a donor, someday.....Tim is "The Man" when it comes to this conversion.....I'm always checking his fotki page.....

Another knockout. JT. In it's own right, as cool as the first. Just a quick aside about the Italeri chassis. I have got mine all cut up, the sleeper, cab, hood, and bumper separated, and the  377 frame looks very close. Once you cut out the screw stanchions, from under the hood, it can be hinged pretty easily. A firewall can be fabbed with a little sheet stock, and TA-DA. You really did start a sales boom for New Ray with these.

Another knockout. JT. In it's own right, as cool as the first. Just a quick aside about the Italeri chassis. I have got mine all cut up, the sleeper, cab, hood, and bumper separated, and the  377 frame looks very close. Once you cut out the screw stanchions, from under the hood, it can be hinged pretty easily. A firewall can be fabbed with a little sheet stock, and TA-DA. You really did start a sales boom for New Ray with these.

Sweet....Thanks for the heads up.....Can't wait to see what you do with it.....I'm having a blast with this thing.....Just got 2 more in.....

cool i hope to get a few here later to do the TIM conversion to, btw i think your missing the PETERBILT emblems on the side of the hood and grill?... wouldnt a snap pete have good DONOR Pete emblems?

Thanks Buddy.....Yeah....I have quite a few decals, and I was just going to wait till I figured out what logos to go with and do it all at the same time.....I want to do a Schneider setup with this one, but we'll see what I can find.....