Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Pete 359

Hey guys. I'm about to build my first Big Rig. I picked up one of Revell's Pete 359's at Michaels last night for a steal. I've decided to add some extra details to this kit as its pretty simple in comparison to other truck kits I've seen. 

I'd like to make it look like the Optimus Prime Pete 359, minus the paint scheme. So I'm looking for either an aftermarket source for the following parts.

1: Bumper

2: Tanks on the side of the hood.

3: Back Rack (not sure of the proper name for this part)

4: Fenders.

If possible I'd prefer to get all the items from one vendor, if it can be done. Or trades from a member would be fine too. I'd also prefer parts to be resin, if aftermarket, so I can paint them as I have a minimal chrome paint scheme I want to do. Kit parts from someones parts box is fine as I can strip chrome easily enough. 

I dont know the aftermarket suppliers well enough to know who's still in business or not. I've found a few items from online vendors but I just dont know how current they are. 

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

David

Hey guys. I'm about to build my first Big Rig. I picked up one of Revell's Pete 359's at Michaels last night for a steal. I've decided to add some extra details to this kit as its pretty simple in comparison to other truck kits I've seen. 

I'd like to make it look like the Optimus Prime Pete 359, minus the paint scheme. So I'm looking for either an aftermarket source for the following parts.

1: Bumper

2: Tanks on the side of the hood.

autowp.ru_peterbilt_359_optimus_prime_1_

3: Back Rack (not sure of the proper name for this part)

4: Fenders.

5802627394_af6d87b80c_b_zpsgypzq2cv.jpg

If possible I'd prefer to get all the items from one vendor, if it can be done. Or trades from a member would be fine too. I'd also prefer parts to be resin, if aftermarket, so I can paint them as I have a minimal chrome paint scheme I want to do. Kit parts from someones parts box is fine as I can strip chrome easily enough. 

I dont know the aftermarket suppliers well enough to know who's still in business or not. I've found a few items from online vendors but I just dont know how current they are. 

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

David

I like your idea, my internet is being cranky so I can't look anything up very easy but I know double take replicas has the air cleaners(tanks on hood) and moluminum has some fenders you maybe able to modify. They may have the headache rack also(back rack) but if not there may be some available for trade as there have been some in other kits. This one is from the can-do wrecker kit. Apologizing in advance if this double posts.

image.jpeg

So you know, Optimus Prime is a 379, not a 359.  Either way your conversion will look pretty cool when it's all said & done.

I'm not sure about the headache rack, but you should be able to get the drop visor & lights from Mo'luminum as well ( http://moluminum.com/ )

Here's the site for Double Take Replicas: http://kdhumphr.wixsite.com/double-take-replicas

Good luck with your conversion.

The RoG Peterbilt's all have headache racks on the chrome plated tree, but they don't look like the one on the Optimus Prime.
This type of  air cleaners goes by the name Vortex Air Cleaners and I belive Mo'luminum had them them turned out of aluminum before, but Double Take Replicas has them casted in resin.
The bumper is not that hard to do yourself from a piece of sheet aluminum as it's flat, but I have seen a seller on ebay who sells Texas style bumpers and he also sells Dropped Visors made from polished sheet aluminum.
American Industrial Truck Models (AITM) has lots of resin parts, the Vortex Air Cleaners, a couple of headache racks, Fenders and lots and lots of other parts. http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/AITMcatalog2_16.pdf
I don't know the status of P&P Resin Works but he used to have some of the parts you are looking for http://www.ppvintagekits.com/CARS/Resin-Price_list.html