Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 67" Coronet

parkflyrer 50

Hey guys it's been awhile since I've been able to finish anything.. I picked up this kit a while back and thought I'd give it a shot. Well as far as fitment and parts quality it's pretty good.. Unfortunately the finished product looks nothing like the box art.. I painted it with testors one coat lacquer dark cherry red it went together very well although I personally am having difficulties these days  due to I recently developed hand tremors so detail work is a bit difficult for me I don't know where that came from hopefully I can get it under control and it won't last too long.. It was fun to build but I was disappointed that it did not look like the box art. The suspension sets the car way too high and the tires are much too big and another thing is the Chrome molding on the hood  is molded too thick  causing the hood to not close properly .. but it was a fun build anyway hope you guys like it

20170223_112342.jpg

20170223_112414.jpg

20170223_112458.jpg

20170223_112447.jpg

20170223_112608.jpg

20170223_112402.jpg

Nice Work!!! Those Foose kits can be quite the letdown, His drawings on the box look so BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH cool & then you open it up & its got stock suspension, regular tires etc.

His drawings obviously aren't to scale or accurate, but i feel Revell could've done better with them. Most of the Foose kits are existing models, with a new set of wheels & decals. plus some cool box art.

But I still want them all!!!