Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fuzz Duster Done - 1980 Road Runner on the loose!

Faust

Well, I finally got it done! After a lot of fighting with the bumpers and a few other fit issues, my take on the MPC “Fuzz Duster” Volare is finished.

Since I like to try and immortalize the “losers” in as stock a form as I can (usually), I chose to do the model as a straight-up 1980 Road Runner. These are not common today, and weren’t even very common back in the day, actually! With it’s very square looks and very staid motor, the last Road Runners weren’t much to get excited about.

However, the Fuzz Duster kit has everything you need to build one of these  now largely forgotten “muscle” cars, and it’s a nice opportunity to build something that you just don’t see anymore.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/cars/mpc-round-2-125-1980-volare-road-runner/

fuzz-duster-095.jpg?w=460

Thanks, guys!

I was amazed when I built it. I found myself really liking the subject matter; I always disliked the last Volare/Aspens, but now, I think they're kinda cool. They're not so terrible looking in today's context and when tricked out nicely, they really make a cool boulevard cruiser. Nothing much from this time period was a major road-scorcher anyway, but with some good colour combos, the car isn't at all bad looking!