Model Cars Magazine Forum

Notifications & messages

crazyjim

Jim, you can empty your message box, ( the envelope) by first  clicking on the envelope, then clicking on the bottom of that window where it says "Go to Inbox".

Once the new window opens, click on the little "gear" symbol, (tools) to the left of the "compose new" tab.

Another small window will open & you will see "empty" at the bottom.

Click on that & then click "ok".

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I have notifications (little bell in upper right corner) and messages (little envelope in upper right corner).  I've been trying to delete everything in both and have gotten nowhere.  Can anyone help with specific instructions?

Jim If you leave the conversation in your mail box, I do believe that is just like deleting it. Just click on the message you want to delete it will open up. Then in the upper right hand corner click on the message option with the arrow by it. Then pick leave conversation. I say this because the % goes down when I do that. This is if you want to do them individually.   The Notifications I get nowhere with. 

Messages - Can be deleted either individually or you can empty your mailbox all at once. It is a bit of a pain to delete them individually, but manageable if you keep up with it on a daily/weekly/monthly basis (depending on your personal preference)

Notifications - There is a great amount of control over the notification function. Go to Notification Settings and adjust it to meet your needs. To make a notification go away, you need to click on it and go to the post/thread it refers to.

Jim, you can empty your message box, ( the envelope) by first  clicking on the envelope, then clicking on the bottom of that window where it says "Go to Inbox".

Once the new window opens, click on the little "gear" symbol, (tools) to the left of the "compose new" tab.

Another small window will open & you will see "empty" at the bottom.

Click on that & then click "ok".

Steve

That worked great Steve, and thanks!