• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Camaro 50th Anniversary

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Not a lot of bench time lately. Working on blending front valance, shaping flares, cleaning up wheels and chassis.

IMG_20170411_212600905.jpg

Posted

I've got a couple Camaro's in the stash, and have a couple that I'm thinking about picking up... As soon as I can decided which one, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Posted

Is there a time limit? I just got an old unbuilt Monogram 1979 Camaro that needs to be built.

Posted

No time limit Gary.

All just for fun. Which is good because I've been busy with this thing called work. :(

Posted

No time limit Gary.

All just for fun. Which is good because I've been busy with this thing called work. :(

Yup - that pesky activity get in the way of my model building too<_<

Posted

I was toying with the idea of finishing the Generation build I had started a couple years back. But I seem to have put them in a spot I don't remember..lol.

So I'm in with a release of the Revell 69... It's easy to come by, and always a good one to work with...

IMG_20170514_082041437.jpg

I'll get started on it here in a couple days...

Posted

I’ve got a surprising amount of Camaro kits begging to be built.  Think I’m going to start with this one:

photo IMG_3312_zps2ngh1oxd.jpgphoto IMG_3313_zpsxkufcgtj.jpg

So far, all I’ve done is prep the body for paint.  Undecided about final color yet, but I do know that I want to stick with the red interior.

photo IMG_3314_zpssfolcswa.jpg

Posted

Ive finally got some progress on my ZL1. Got it painted & clearcoated a week or so ago, found some replacement seats & have started reworking the exhaust. heres a few pics of how she looks at the moment.

Painted Camaro Synergy Green with Alclad Light Sheen Clearcoat (semi gloss)

DC570F56-348C-4667-B2D2-0D1B8BE5EF62.jpg

FB63E25B-AB54-493F-BBB6-C35F8507EDC1.jpg

5D34293F-1420-43E1-BB6D-0329E4550C4C.jpg

More pics next week

Ash

Posted

Looks good!

Posted

I’ve got a surprising amount of Camaro kits begging to be built.  Think I’m going to start with this one:

photo IMG_3312_zps2ngh1oxd.jpgphoto IMG_3313_zpsxkufcgtj.jpg

So far, all I’ve done is prep the body for paint.  Undecided about final color yet, but I do know that I want to stick with the red interior.

photo IMG_3314_zpssfolcswa.jpg

Nice choice!!

Posted

Haven't had a lot of time to work on the Camaro this week... I have got the body primed and painted. Still have to lay down some clear.

IMG_20170520_071741072.jpg

Trying to decide on details now... and see if I can get a set of Pegasus wheels to fit under it. I forgot how little room you have for wheels and tires under these.

As always, thanks for looking... stay tuned...

Posted

Haven't had a lot of time to work on the Camaro this week... I have got the body primed and painted. Still have to lay down some clear.

IMG_20170520_071741072.jpg

Trying to decide on details now... and see if I can get a set of Pegasus wheels to fit under it. I forgot how little room you have for wheels and tires under these.

As always, thanks for looking... stay tuned...

Nice color!  :wub::wub:

Posted

Nice color!  :wub::wub:

Thanks! I went with Testors One Coat Diamond Dust covered with Tamiya Clear Red. I'm probably gonna clear it with Testors Wet Look Clear.