Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Ford Suburban Carryall

Thanks ,it was a curbside-  no real engine detail and the interior only minimal.  the vehicle actually existed and was converted from the panel by the Proctor/Keefe company .   I got the photos to do it correct from James K. Wagners' book  ''Ford trucks since 1905''

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this same front sheet metal was used on other commercial vehicles such as school buses?Our village ran a bus service during world war 2 for local factory workers in order to save gasoline during the rationing years.Local workers parked their cars in a common lot and were bused to work to nearby factories.I would like to replicate one of those buses and that '35 front clip would be a great start.Thanks in advance for any information.

MisterNNL  Tom- as far as I know the same front end was on the big trucks as well- Ford sold a chassis cowl unit from 1/2 ton up to 2.5 ton trucks. that is usually the unit that went to the body company to have a bus body installed.  some of the suburbans were used as small school buses also. check out the 37 cab over-a very rare truck!!!

unnamed.jpg

20170321_234155.jpg

20170321_234228.jpg

Edited by f1ford48
add image

Thanks for the information on the use of the cab and chassis units for bus production.That will be very useful for my bus project.One of our older residents here in town told me that his father bought one of the local bus units after the war time use was discontinued and removed the seats for use as a huckster's truck for delivery of grocery orders locally.

If you're interested in seeing the photo I have PM me your email address and I'll forward that photo to you.Thanks again for your time,research and photos!

FYI..The Timmerman's mentioned in Lima,Ohio would have been about 30 miles north of her eand the Superior Coach built bus would have also been built in Lima.Small world isn't it?

Edited by misterNNL
Forgotten FYI

• 3 weeks later...