Model Cars Magazine Forum

1947 Ford Sedan Coupe Kinder Egg

Lovefordgalaxie

Had a lot of fun building this Ford. 

Started the build on 18th. I got the kit as a birthday present from my friend Nahim, who is a fellow Ford nut and Galaxie owner. On the next week, I choose the color, and had it mixed by my other friend Acacio, that owns a 1:1 car paint store. The color is FoMoCo Manson Maroon, done in synthetic enamel. 

Decided to build the Revell '48 as a '47. From the outside, the major difference are the door locks. On '46 to '47 cars they have a indentation for one's thumb. The '48s had a tear drop, like if saying good bye as the body style went out of production. Also the rear splash pan has a full felt and it's steel on '47 cars. On '48 cars it's aluminum, and has just rubber washers to separate it from the body. Both are done in three parts, so it's practically invisible in kit form. Also, the '48s lost the steering wheel lock, and the cool togle by the ignition key, also some invisible differences in kit form. The major innacuracy would be the seats, that have the solid blue cloth pattern on the kit, a '48 thing. I didn't modify the seats, just painted them gray.

The no name tires that come with the kit are kind of annoying, but I don't have any "named" tire that would look cool on the Revell wheels, so I wiped the out of center and poorly done printed whitewalls, and painted my own.  

Like for me the nicest sound ever is a Flathead Ford trough glasspacks, I decided to build this car as I would do a 1:1. And that is the story behind the Kinder Egg nickname. The car is round and has a surprise inside. 

Like I would never do any modifications to a car that could not be reversed back to stock in a day or so, and leaving no "scares" behind, I choose to do some simple bolt on mods. Just to make the car to sound mean. Some basic kitbashing between Revell kits and voilá, work done. 

Talking about Revell kits, I will be building to my friend who gave me the kit, '48 Custom with a Y-Block, and some parts kitbashed from the AMT '56 Ford (slicks, gasser front tires, headers, etc). Sometimes we have to do some sacrifices for our buddies... I just don't know if it's next on the line, or a replica of Biff Tannen's '46 From Back to the Future movie. 

Anyway, hope you guys like the old '47. 

1947 Ford Sedan Coupe Super Deluxe by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr