Model Cars Magazine Forum

64' Chevy Overhaulin' build for Dad

Here's the end result of a project I stated around mid June last year. It's a re-build of the truck my Father had been tinkering around with for a while. His hands hurt a little to much to enjoy building and he's very busy with work and other stuff so he offered it to me to either part out or scrap all together.

Naturally I did neither, instead tore it down and restored it for him as a now very late Father's Day present. I went in a Overhaulin' style with it, he knew it was happening and gave me a few general idea's for what he wanted. I put them together with a few idea's of my own and the this was the end result, something along the lines of a Overhaulin'/ Fast & Furious/ resto-mod type'ish (lots of "ish" in there) custom truck.

He got to see it last night and was blown away with it, he couldn't believe it was the same model. Kept saying if only Miracle Grow worked on these things haha. It's come a long ways since the starting point and I'm happy he's happy with it.

Anyway this was the said starting point of the project.

Image may contain: table

End result

Image may contain: car

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: table

More pictures inbound, thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...