Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Comet 202 Sedan ***FINISHED***

Reeves Racing

I was able to finish the Comet up this weekend. 

I took some pictures outside. It was sunny when I started but soon the clouds came in so I hope the pictures look okay.

Lost of work on this by my standards. Way more detail than usual.  Its not a perfectly clean build but then again neither was the real car. It was rough in places but it sure was fun. I enjoyed building the model almost as much.

Well Mitch I really like the car.  Don't really think I've ever seen this model of a Comet done before.  Excellent.

You mentioned a couple of small things, I agree.  But this is no way a negative of the overall view.  I love it.  A special car, a special model.

Congrats.  You did good.

Mitch, that turned out so awesome that if you look closely you I can see you in the drivers seat!!!!!! Yeah it might be a little rough here or there, but true work horses were meant to be!!!!!! It gives it character like the real work horse it was built after!!!!!!

That turned out very nice! It feels great when you have your own ride (Even if it's a former ride now) on the shelf, doesn't it? Excellent job with that body conversion and all of your other modifications are done very nicely as well. Great job with those details too, overall a very nice and unique build.

Great looking car.Excellent job.I like the silver treatment u did on the bumpers.And the rear toggle switch is a very cool detail.Have you got anymore interior shots?

I do have interior shots.

The bumpers on the real car were very rusty so I sanded them and painted them silver. 

20170220_210706_resized.jpg

20170220_210714_resized.jpg

20170220_210726_resized.jpg

20170220_210739_resized.jpg

20170220_210845_resized.jpg

Edited by Reeves Racing