Model Cars Magazine Forum

Check out my 1/25 built carnival rides

Thanks guys. Mark you can do it  I'm working on a couple more now and have some done yet to post

Alan buddy....Id like to try sometime.  Id also like to try to make a super heavy duty rig of my own that is a 4x4 one suited for off road use brute but they both would need a lot of extra big truck,etc. parts I do not have here...maybe someday...LOL..

Thanks guys. Mark you can do it  I'm working on a couple more now and have some done yet to post

I like Mark have wanted to try one or two. Mark and I have talked about it for awhile now how kool it'd be. I thought of doing the Zipper and possible on the Rocko Plane or whatever it was called!!!

They are not too bad to do. Just takes a lot of time. I already sold the large 3ft dimater Ferris Wheel and am in the process of building another one. Also in the process of doing a Merry-Go-Round.  I think most will have to be mounted on wood as the flat deck trailers are too hard to get

Those would be cool Kerry buddy.   I have no clue which one Id like to try out yet...I have an old lowboy trailer and a flatbed already.  I was thinking a floor/frame from the Cattle trailer might make a good base to start one with too maybe..?   Ether way Id have to find a ton of parts,etc. to start one from...just like the super heavy duty rig idea.

You've built some nice replicas Alan!

I'm involved in a carnival project, but on much smaller scale. :D  Friend of mine and  I modeled the Royal American Shows Carnival as it appeared in the '60s in 1:160 scale (N-Scale). He does all the kit and scratch building and I do the animation and lighting.   The carnival is part of a set of NTRAK modules (model railroad) which we display at many train shows.  My friend also modeled the entire Royal American Shows train.

This thread shows how I made the bumper cars (and gives you an idea of the size of those models) and also links to couple of videos of the carnival.

You've built some nice replicas Alan!

I'm involved in a carnival project, but on much smaller scale. :D  Friend of mine and  I modeled the Royal American Shows Carnival as it appeared in the '60s in 1:160 scale (N-Scale). He does all the kit and scratch building and I do the animation and lighting.   The carnival is part of a set of NTRAK modules (model railroad) which we display at many train shows.  My friend also modeled the entire Royal American Shows train.

This thread shows how I made the bumper cars (and gives you an idea of the size of those models) and also links to couple of videos of the carnival.

That's pretty neat. Great job on such a small scale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...