Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti T 50 resurrection: Thread deleted mistakenly

CrazyCrank

Hello guys

Is there here a moderator or an administrator, who will be able to UNDELETE my Bugatti's thread ?

My very long last post had been reproduced five times !

I wanted to delete 4 of them, and OOOOOOUUUUUUPPPSSSSSSS, the whole thread has been deleted

I hope a recovery would be possible !

If not, I'll try to rebuild the thread, but it might take  a while

Sorry for all of you, guys, who followed my thread

Ouch!  That is terrible! You might want to contact the forum administrators directly.

There is a link on the bottom of the page for contact: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/contact/

Thanks Peter..

Yes it's terrible, not only for me, but too, I'm so so sorry for all my followers, who encourage me in my building report since my introduction.

I've already sent a message by this mean, and havn't yet received any answer.

Possibly I've made another mistake ?

So I just achieved to sent another identical one....wait and see !

Thierry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Don

I've posted two requests by the "contact us" form since I deleted my thread, and have not received any response !

I've a great lack of free time actually so i'm not able at the moment to re-build my thread, but, I hope to do so in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, you can connect on :  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235007598-pocher-bugatti-t50-coupé-de-ville-a-resurrection/

to follow my work.

Many thanks for your encourgaments

Thierry

PS: the last picture I posted, with a totally scratch new exhaust system

33116883440_2fcc0c30d1_b.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just checked out that thread. Stunning work. I am envious of your skills and patience.

As for the deleted thread, it looks like once a thread is deleted it is gone forever. That's why, as moderators, we don't delete threads, we lock and hide them. That way we can get them back if needed. i can't speak for the moderating team back in 2017, as I'm new at this, but I can tell you that we would respond quickly now if you reached out. :)

Looking forward to seeing you healthy and back at the bench getting this Bug closer to completion!

As it's impossible to recover my old thread, and even more impossible to rebuild it from the starting zero point, I've decided to publish here the next progresses and improvements of the model.

The following pictures describe rather well the actual state of the model:

46766661231_ffa73f084d_z.jpg

46766660481_5ed67dec29_z.jpg

31824976367_67cf630b98_c.jpg

46766661531_12cb83b790_c.jpg

45851431205_5da4d7bcbb_z.jpg

Edited by CrazyCrank

Tres' manifique Thierry.    I have no words in the English language to describe your car so I thought I'd try this in French (even though I do NOT speak French).     As an aside, I recently discovered issues on my thread in the Drag Racing portion of the site as well.  Many pictures were posted where they shouldn't have been and pictures were missing that once resided in a given section.  I cleaned up some of it but I have neither the time or desire to re-build to it's original format.  I'll count myself fortunate that the entire thread wasn't "lost" like yours.   Thanks  for coming back to the forum and posting these wonderful pictures.  Tim

Good evening chaps

I've begun to work on the Fusion 360's project of a new brake axis which incorporate an elliptic section.

This elliptic section will act, as on the Pocher part, as a cam whose function is to spread the brake jaws when the brake lever of a drum is pulled backward (or forward fir the rear brake) by the brake cables.

Hereunder several pictures of my fusion project.

At resting state, the gray (steel) rod will be pulled backward by a spring, and this mechanism (thanks to PROPELLER) will pull forward the brake lever on the drum, providing a good tensioning of the brake cables.

If the "driver/modeller" press down the brake pedal, the brake lever will be pulled backward, the gray rod will move forward, enlarging the spring, and when the modeler will release the brake pedal, the spring will compress, pulling backward the rod and forward the brake lever.

The two jaws of the bake drum will be  joined, as on the Pocher system, by a spring which ensure the jaws will get closer when the brake pedal is released.

This mechanism hasn't be tested yet, only in my mind, but I think I've found the way to create it.

46751820692_bd3df3f227_z.jpg

46079422244_50d504cc75_z.jpg

46751820332_309461ee7e_z.jpg

46751820692_bd3df3f227_z.jpg

46751820722_8951c31f8d_z.jpg

Unfortunately, my CNC Mill isn't five axis, and it's actually impossible for me to machine this part in a simple and single way

So, starting with a 8mm brass rod, using the lathe and the CNC milling machine, I've at the moment got the following part, which has to be considered as a rough draft, and on which a lot of work remains to do (groove at the outer end, hole and rod at the inner end), before it gets its final shape:

32928933838_61e65b6b8c_z.jpg

32928933598_d7f6dc0c16_z.jpg

32928933288_5ba79491b3_z.jpg

39839341473_7bc75259bb_z.jpg

39839341653_f04d053b16_z.jpg

Stay tuned if you like, and thanks for watching :)

•  

Thierry, I certainly don't have your skills but I'm totally fascinated in the thought processes your sharing.  Best of all your way of a "work around" solution to a problem (no 5 axis machine available in your case) to still get it done.  Truly admire the creativity.  Cheers!!

Good evening chaps :)

On my first brake axis, the inner end which will receive a rod (where to attach the spring) isn't large enough ... so I can't attach on it the rod, because it would hit against the lower brake shoe.

Furthermore, the dimension of the different sections are not perfect

So, I've had to machine a new one, and then a second one.

For those who may be interested in knowing how I've made them, here is the process:

- Starting from a 8 mm diameter brass rod (21-22 mm long) , because the oval section (the cam) is 7.5 mm wide.

- Put it in a 8 mm collet on the lathe

46127032924_3021cb0fc6_z.jpg

- Reduce the diameter to 4 mm over 10mm long (1st section, will be outer the drum and will receive the brake lever)

- Then reduce the diameter to 5 mm over 1.5 mm long (2nd section)

- Then jump a 8 mm section over 3 mm (3rd section)

- Get the part out of the 8 mm collet.

- Reverse it

- Put the 4 mm end in a 4 mm collet on the lathe

- Reduce the diameter to 4 mm over 6 mm (4th section)

- Mark the center with a centering drill bit (1 mm)

- Drill this end with a 1 mm drill bit over 2-3 mm depth

- Reduce the length of this end section from 6 to 5 mm.

- Get out the part out of the mill

I've got this:

46800196602_230cf66739_z.jpg

46127032834_6f34445483_z.jpg

Then put this part on the dividing head that you have previously attached horizontally on the milling table, in order to fix the part vertically, the inner end (4 mm diameter over 5 mm long) on the top

The 1 mm hole previously drilled at this end will be used to set X0 and Y0 points for the CNC mill

Then, using Estlcam and a little G-Code file, I've milled the 8 mm diameter section, in order to get an oval shape:

46852457081_17c429511b_z.jpg

After several tries (because mistakes with settings of coordinates), I've got a part that I've put another time in a 4 mm collet on the mill, in order to reduce the 10 mm long 4 mm section to a 2.4 mm diameter, and finally I got that part:

32928933838_45cd9ae494_z.jpg

46127032824_a9a3c52470_z.jpg

Of course, the brake lever fits well on this axis:

32976741798_b08abd50fb_z.jpg

So, I've actually machined 2 brake axis, but they are not finished.

It remains some difficult and very accurate things to do:

- I've to make measurements of lengths and angles,  to attach the rod for the tensioning spring at the right place, in order to ensure the system operates correctly , and to calculate the good length of a homemade spring.

- And I'll have too to mill a 0.8 mm groove at the end of the 2.4 mm section, placed at the right angle. This groove will host the M1 bolt that attach the brake lever on the axis.

While waiting for this, hereunder are some pics that shows the system:

32976740648_5778fb7c12_z.jpg

32976741748_a95a71d57c_z.jpg

31910812267_3ec950b32e_z.jpg

Not counting the drum, the brake shoes and  the 2 springs, each assembly comprises 6 parts.

I wouldn't even dare to count the hours I've already spent for that insignificant job :)

Stay tuned if you like and thanks for watching :)