Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ebbro Citroen DS21

GeeBee

Ebbro kits I believe are done by someone who was involved at a high level with Tamiya design/engineering in the past, so Ebbro kits are basically as Tamiya-like as one could ask for, without actually being Tamiya kits (aside from the Ebbro 2CV van that uses some Tamiya parts with some new tooled parts by Ebbro). They aren't cheap, but neither are Tamiya kits. You get what you pay for.

Ebbro kits I believe are done by someone who was involved at a high level with Tamiya design/engineering in the past, so Ebbro kits are basically as Tamiya-like as one could ask for, without actually being Tamiya kits (aside from the Ebbro 2CV van that uses some Tamiya parts with some new tooled parts by Ebbro). They aren't cheap, but neither are Tamiya kits. You get what you pay for.

yes, that would be Masato Kiya, a great guy, hopefully I can visit them when I'm in Japan later this year, 

Edited by GeeBee

plastic, great quality, I've got the DS19 and the Renault 4 & the 4 fourgonnette 

Thanks this is great to know. I'll look for these .

Kool.

If only they (or Heller, maybe) could be sweet-talked into an SM...

I can't see Heller bringing anything new to the board for a while, after they declared bankruptcy last year, they've already cancelled a few projects they announced at last year's German Toy fair, both versions of the Renault Estafette have now been cancelled, as to Ebbro, who knows .....

Sweet.  Looking forward to this.  Hope they eventually do an SM.  

I'd get this kit when it comes out, and I'd LOVE to see an SM!

Always thought those were VERY cool looking cars! My only beef with the standard Citroens is I've NEVER liked those cars in black! It reminds me too much of a rolling roach coming down the road with those nearly invisible wheels in the rear. :blink:

Speaking of Ebbro, this a very interesting interview to read, its long, but well worth the time, there are some interesting tidbits shared on how the companies do things , and the people being interviewed are one Masato Kiya as Geoff talked about and Shunsaku , head of Tamiya

There are two interviews here

Tamiya/Ebbro Chats Parts 1-5

http://f1modelingcorner.blogspot.co.uk/p/normal-0-0-2-false-false-false.html

Ebrro Interview Parts 1-14

http://f1modelingcorner.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html

I'm hoping these will be released by August, if they are, I can pick a few up while I'm working over there, I'll be loaded down with all my photographic gear, so this time if I buy anything, I'll post them back home.

To make August, they'd have to official announce the kit and put it for Pre Order in fairly short order. Based on the time line of the just announced MP4/31 Late Season F1 kit and the HY "Crepemobile" (it's the yellow one peeking out of the corner of the picture) being available for Pre Order and they have release dates of July right now.

To make August, they'd have to official announce the kit and put it for Pre Order in fairly short order. Based on the time line of the just announced MP4/31 Late Season F1 kit and the HY "Crepemobile" (it's the yellow one peeking out of the corner of the picture) being available for Pre Order and they have release dates of July right now.

I know, it was only wishful thinking, I'll have a few days to myself, to relax and do a little retail therapy, I went to the Tamiya store in Tokyo last year, sadly I was in a rush and didn't buy any models from there, not that there was anything I wanted, picked up some masking tape and a couple of pin badges, this year I'm going to make time, so I'm not in a rush, although when I've finished one job, I've got a 3 hour flight to get to my next job.