Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Roadster Pick Up

James2

This has been on my bucket list for a few years, now I can scratch it off. Pretty basic build with some custom suspension arrangement, classic tire/wheel combo and a little Ford power. Built mostly from my parts box. Krylon black and Alclad paint with some Slixx decals for fun...

That turned out very nice! I like that paint job very much, black is very hard color to get right, but you nailed it. The paint is not too shiny but it's not too flat either. Overall a very nice build, great detailing finishes it off. Nice job.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for the interest. This was a fun build for me, using mostly spare parts and some scratch building. It took quite some time to complete but I'm happy with the outcome. 

Funny how a hobby can bring such frustration and satisfaction all at the same time! Model on...

Very Cool build ...!     Looks good in black....    Bringing it to the next meeting..?

Funny how a hobby can bring such frustration and satisfaction all at the same time! Model on...

It is funny....  This is supposed to be relaxing... I've been told..       lol...:huh:

Very nice!!! Street Roadster class cars seem to be overlooked by a lot of modellers. You nailed the look perfectly! Love the graphics and the wheel tire combo!

-Larry

Exactly my thoughts too.   Very, very sharp model there, James. 

Would love to see some of the other many talented builders on this Forum attempt a drag racing Street Roadster or two....TIM