Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been playing a bit with a Dodge A100 Little Red Wagon, Going for a stock version but lowered. I have been away for many years but have been doing a little bit each evening after work.

Did a spring under front and rear to lower it, Funny it still dosent seem too low but wouldn't be able to go much more without major surgery (I'm not ready for that yet.)

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4173.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG

Edited by Crazed

I have the door issues to work out too on the several of these I have!!!! So I'll be watching to see where ya go with it...... I on at least one, of them want them to open and close, but the rest I may glue shut because of fitment issues, and to make it "look good" is what I'm after so.....

One of my A100's is a Monster truck with only one door, and I WILL make at least that one open & close, if nothing else....

Petty Blue was at one time sold in rattle can by Testors, NOT sure you can still get it tho.... Tamiya MIGHT have it as French Blue tho in a rattle can!

Edited by 426-Hemi
Added Content

Starting to fit up doors, this is gonna be work!

So it seems like I have to move the opening in the lower part of the body up, to make the hinge/kick panel deal fit right. Got the drivers side moved up, test fit with the dash.

IMG_4241.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4249.JPG

IMG_4250.JPG

Definitely what I am working towards. I'll get both sides all fitted, then probably paint everything and install the doors before I complete the rest of the assembly. (Instructions call putting the doors on pretty much last.)

Edited by Crazed

It's a neat kit but lots of work to clean up mold lines and pin marks, and the opening doors aren't really worth all the effort, since the cab view is quite open with lots of windows and there's not much to see inside.  I've been fitting the doors carefully and then gluing them shut.  For something different you can also cut open the cab corner windows for the 'five window' look. Picture from http://www.hotrod.com

1966-dodge-a100-pickup-rear-three-quarter.jpg

Playing with the chassis a little bit, found that because the axle is so low, the tie rod goes exactly where the crank pulley goes. I cut it out and replaced the middle part with a paper clip bent to clear the crank pulley when you turn in reach direction.

Motor is in place, not going to do much more to the motor since you can't see it anyway.

Bed floor is painted.

IMG_4298.JPG

IMG_4299.JPG

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4302.JPG

IMG_4271.JPG

Definitely what I am working towards. I'll get both sides all fitted, then probably paint everything and install the doors before I complete the rest of the assembly. (Instructions call putting the doors on pretty much last.)

I like how your build is going.

Just for talking. I always heard death stories about the doors and hinges on the A-100 so I just drilled some brass pins through the hinges while the doors were taped in place. It was pretty easy and hopefully my door hinges will last ...

• 3 weeks later...