Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greg Wahn's Eleanor

There was a thread talking about Greg Wahn's Eleanor and I didn't want to hi jack the thread by posting pics of it on there..... Greg's casting of the iconic movie Gone In 60 Seconds 2 is one of the best castings I've seen!!! As of these photos the car is near done!!! Just havle to put headlights in, strut tower braces and the three bar code spinners on the wheels!!!! Photos do not do this car justice!!!!!

I used 32 Ford headlight buckets for the build, photoetched grille, three bar spinners. I can get some better pics up later if anyone wants me to!!!!!

the paint is the actual color of the real car..... I also used Keith Marks GT 500 decal set...

IMG_2206.thumb.JPG.53640ec8d2df967f81ccb

IMG_2205.thumb.JPG.36fb688355ecbeba1bd03IMG_2204.thumb.JPG.0028fb8cf8fe3b07b1ca5

Edited by DrKerry

That is one awsome looking build. Have you seen all the new things he is doing and about finished with.  I know he has a convertible  Eleanor.  A 60 plymouth  wagon.  54 Buick skylark convertable. Body. . an early  shovel nose hydro. Boat. 75 Mitsubishi  lancer..  a cheetah  body. And some others 

That is one awsome looking build. Have you seen all the new things he is doing and about finished with.  I know he has a convertible  Eleanor.  A 60 plymouth  wagon.  54 Buick skylark convertable. Body. . an early  shovel nose hydro. Boat. 75 Mitsubishi  lancer..  a cheetah  body. And some others 

haven't seen his latest products. Would like to though!!!

Hi All,

Rocky makes it seem like I have been really busy.  Actually Rocky has been doing most of the work on the projects he mentioned.  Awhile back he made contact with me to help me out.  We are joining forces to create a new resin venture.  Rocky found my 1:24 Scale digital Cheetah slotcar on a shelf with other diecast that I purchased for the someday pile, He excitedly exclaimed "That's my holy Grail!".  He helped name the venture.  Holy Grail Hobbies.  So, folks, we will see how it goes for us.  Several casting businesses have recently closed, we will make our mark on the hobby.  I really need Rocky to light a fire under my butt to help make this a real and serious business.  I am still moving onto a 2 acre site in Sun City with a big house and  decent sized separate shop for me to have as my own personal DOG HOUSE to hide from the wife in and make resin parts.  Micro Mark came out with a new item called a laser knife.  I am planning to purchase one.  Once Rocky figures it out we can offer photo etch type laser cut scripts.  That is the plan.  Rocky is going to be really busy!

Greg Wann

Edited by Greg Wann

Greg, I still have the Eleanor I bought from you last year. I got it painted and that's as far as I got with it. I came across it the other day and it is currently moved up in the build queue.

Kool, mines done except outside mirrors!! Hoping to get pics of it tomorrow if I remember too!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Kool, mines done except outside mirrors!! Hoping to get pics of it tomorrow if I remember too!!!

Hi Guys, I'm desperate for this kit, can anyone help me locate one? I already have the GT350 just need a transkit or a complete GT500 Eleanor car. Thanks heaps. 

Hi Guys, I'm desperate for this kit, can anyone help me locate one? I already have the GT350 just need a transkit or a complete GT500 Eleanor car. Thanks heaps. 

further up in this post click on Greg Wahn's name and click the message tab to send him a pm. 

• 1 year later...