Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
afx

'67 Cougar Instructions

Looking for a scan or an original instruction sheet. I checked the Drastic Plastic Fotki site and no luck.  Willing to buy or trade for an original.

Thanks.

Not sure if it's close enough for your needs, but I will have a scan of the AMT '68 Cougar GT instruction sheet uploaded closer to the end of the week. See my sig line, please.

That will help some Casey.  I'v checked out your site a few times and appreciate the effort you put into it.  

I picked up a '67 Cougar parts kit that has other kit parts mixed in. Not sure what belongs to the '67 in particular the custom parts.  The original box was included which shows some of the custom parts so that is some help.

if I could find the big box of instructions I have, I know I have instructions for a cougar, it was a tan on with stripes with I think cougar feet on therm

This is the kit I am looking for instructions for Darrin.

Image result for amt '67 Cougar

I think you might be remembering this version of the '69 Cougar kit.

Image result for amt '69 Cougar street machine

Hmm - are you building a T/A version?

I can't build anything without the instructions. :)

Plus I think I'll wait for Moebius to issue their T/A kit.:D

the bottom picture is what I had instructions for, if I could find them, I even had the decals

Didn't anticipate he would separate Mercury from Ford- my mistake.  Thanks.

Mercury was way out in front of the in dash display. 

5327-170 (6)

Ummm - I don't think so Steve. :)

Well I HAD to try at least! never did get it ordered from Modelhaus before they announced their retirement. Then with not being able to work for two years plus and still waiting on my Social Security Disability Appeal hearing, no funds once I found out. Some day, I will find one and in the meantime, J.C.I will be looking forward to seeing yours.

J.C. for the price in the e-bay listing, you got one he** of a deal! I have the parts I need except the body. I have done only one deal on the bay since 1999 and  doubt I will do any more. Would rather deal with trades on several sites I look at for trades. Have one vendor I would like to get some resin from, but he only deals with his e-bay store for the first time at least. Not getting much luck with my Lincoln body parts request here though so I can get to work on extending the body for a proect I have in mind. Not sure I can used the T-bird parts I have, but no results on the Lincoln request since I made it. But I wnat to see some pics on the Cougar since I think we have the same idea.  Looking forward to what you have in mind to see ifwe are planning the same type of build. Wonder if you are thing about using one of Greg Whan's Elanor chassis to go the Trans Am racer idea I have. Kit chassis is just a bit too undetaided for my plans.

Edited by socal76

It was "buy it now" priced so I didn't want to wait and ask questions.  Turns out the Cougar is not complete, missing the stock front/rear bumpers, hood, chassis and interior - you know just minor stuff (!)  Of course the seller mentions none of this in his description.  So not quite the screaming deal I was hopping for but the body and glass are perfect so I'm happy. 

Need to track down the missing parts before I can do any serious planning on the build but I think I will use a '67 Mustang for the chassis, engine and suspension.  Wouldn't past muster on a replica stock build but I think it will suffice for a race car.

The Cougar funny car reissued a couple years ago might provide the body parts you need. You might have to cut the hood out of the body. Not long ago I closely examined the funny car body to see if it was derived from the AMT body. It wasn't, but I had to look at the machine marks on the inside to determine that--that's how close the two bodies are.

I gather by "race car" you're talking about something along the lines of Trans-Am? You'll probably have to stretch a '67 Mustang chassis for the Cougar wheelbase. The '69 Cougar chassis would fit, but of course it's not as detailed. Possibly some sort of kitbash would work.

The chassis and suspension from the Cougar Eliminator kit is exactly the same as what was in the original issue of the 67/8 Cougar

Wish the Kenz & Leslie kit would get re-issued.   You don't find them everyday and when you do they are not cheap.  

Image result for amt cougar funny car

I had a built funny car I traded off it had a coke decal and molded in red what kit was that

JC, I may have a spare front bumper/grille assembly. I will have to check and let you know.

JC, I may have a spare front bumper/grille assembly. I will have to check and let you know.

If you find something Steve I would be happy to work out a deal with you.

Wish the Kenz & Leslie kit would get re-issued.   You don't find them everyday and when you do they are not cheap.

Image result for amt cougar funny car

They've been reissued since 2000. I have one in a set with a Ford truck, and I think I have another one by itself as well. So we know the molds exist--could be reissued any time they get back around to it.