Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally done with it! Came out pretty ok. Used vinyl for the stripes as I didn't get along with the decals. Cut out the grill and bumper parts and used some screen in there. I also used the tires from the 96 impala ss as I didn't agree with the goodyear truck tires that came in the kit. Thanks for lookin!

20170228_232751.jpg

20170228_231626.jpg

20170228_232919.jpg

20170228_231652.jpg

Very nice looking trucks. I kind of a Dodge guy over the Ford, but it looks great. What kind of screen did you use for the grill ?? I'm looking for ideas for this on a future project.   

I'd rather have the ram over the f150 also. Not a huge ford fan myself. Just thought I'd throw it in there as they're both sport trucks. Believe it or not I just used some window screen at an angle. Look decent. It's not the honeycomb I would've liked but it's ok.

20170218_001514.jpg

I'd rather have the ram over the f150 also. Not a huge ford fan myself. Just thought I'd throw it in there as they're both sport trucks. Believe it or not I just used some window screen at an angle. Look decent. It's not the honeycomb I would've liked but it's ok.

20170218_001514.jpg

this shot is before I had my stripes done just to show the grille...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great job on both. Kinda partial to the Dodge given my name but still very nice Ford as well.

thank you! I'm a dodge guy too. My daily driver is an 04 hemi ram reg cab short bed. I wish they'd make a model out of it. I'd love to do a replica of my truck and a "what I want it to look like" model of it.