Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best Citroen 2cv 1:24 kit?

jakijem

very nice builds, I like the repair panel on the fourgonnette 

Just dusted off my ancient login to agree - lovely builds.

OP, I built the Revell version a couple of years ago and blogged about it here: http://modelworksblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/on-bench-citroen-2cv-part-4-finished.html This was a quickie build using cheaply-available tools and paints while my modelling gear was packed up for a house move.

Overall I found the Revell kit trouble-free, though on my kit the chrome plating was poor inside the headlamp casings, thus giving a dull headlamp effect. I chose to model a 'pre-owned' vehicle in a typical colour with some wear, though the kit includes decals to recreate the swanky Charleston version if you want to build a posh one ;-)

revell%2Bcitroen%2B2cv%2B3.JPG

• 1 year later...

I'm going to bump this one rather than start a new thread due to all the 2CV info here.

Some discussion on the lack of an early 2CV. I ran across this resin body from Jimmy Flintstone, curious about thoughts on it as well as best donor for building an early 2CV. I'm familiar with JF castings, so mostly interested in the details shown rather than a discussion of casting quality.

http://jimmyflintstonestudios.com/?product=nb251-1950s-citron

In regards to the existing kits which represents the most common later model. It seems all are specialty variants, Charleston being a more upscale model, Tamiya's a variant for the Japanese market, RoG's Sausss Ente a variant for the German market. Is Heller the onl one to offer a base model 2CV? how upscale is the Charleston?

Edited by Aaronw

That JF model does not look a lot like a 50s 2cv, it looks a lot more 70s (or maybe even 80s) to mee but I'm no expert on these. From what I have understood earlier the special models was not much more than different paint jobs and that most of the 2cv kits on offer can be built pretty much as a base vehicle.

I was kind of wondering about the upscale part myself, they were intended to be very inexpensive so I doubt they were adding leather seats and wood grain accents. I know very little about the cars but I've been in a quirky economy car mood and these rank high in that genre. They all kind of look the same to me but reading this thread there are obviously some subtleties to them.

Pat the Airfix and Heller kits are the same, just different boxes? It is kind of funny that you have a Model T behind yours, I'm building a Model T and it is what got me into a mood to build more inexpensive little cars. 

6 hours ago, Aaronw said:

I was kind of wondering about the upscale part myself, they were intended to be very inexpensive so I doubt they were adding leather seats and wood grain accents. I know very little about the cars but I've been in a quirky economy car mood and these rank high in that genre. They all kind of look the same to me but reading this thread there are obviously some subtleties to them.

Pat the Airfix and Heller kits are the same, just different boxes? It is kind of funny that you have a Model T behind yours, I'm building a Model T and it is what got me into a mood to build more inexpensive little cars. 

Aaron, it Used to be a Model T. I'm trying to turn it into a Dodge. -_-