Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recent builds

Peter Lombardo

I no longer have a photo hosting site because 99% of my photos are taken with my cell phone now ( great resolution, so why not?) and Google automatically up-loads them to a huge free photo hosting platform.  The problem for me is that this platform does not play well with the photo requirements on this site and it will not let me get these photos onto the site in the conventional manner.

So, I have all of these, and there a many, many cars in this album, in this one album.

I have not explained what they are or how I built them, but truth be told, I don't think most of you guys care about what it did, and many of you guys are experienced enough to know what I did here.

So if you can open this and view them.... great.... if you can't I apologize here and now, but this is just how it is.

And if you can open this and you have a question about something or another..... go ahead and ask.... I will be happy to explain what I did.

hopefully, this link will get you to the right place.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOsezA_DBVN8UequQAhyLT4dMSwJdg0NRWvGTahbjEl-7wNarIW4iJA8LOP5wWXRQ?key=aFItdmY0TEYzQk5Qb1ZaYkp0Zld1V01HY2FVZFdR

Later..........

Some outstanding stuff there!  I'm intrigued by the gold woodie with the surfboards.  What did that start out as?

This is a Jimmy Flintstone 1951 Chevy if I am not mistaken... I bought it many, many years ago.... I had opened the doors, trunk and hood, and that was not easy because the resin was very thick.  The car sat around for years because I just was not motivated to do anything with it.  Along the way, I made a vacuum formed copy of the body just because and never did anything with that either.  So a few months ago while searching on the internet I came across a beautiful old Buick wagon, in brown metallic with light and dark wood around the windows and tail gate and surfboards on the roof..... and bang....... I had my inspiration.  As is usually the case, I didn't know where the 51 was. I tore apart my work room and finally found it, but of course, it was missing the hood.  4 hours later after digging through everything, still no hood, but i remembered I has made a copy of the body. I cut out the hood and with a huge amount of work, I got the hood to fit well enough. as a side note, the roof from the copy body was later grafted onto the blue racing Camaro to make it into a true fastback .

The top was cut off the 51 Chevy and new bass wood side panels and tail gates were made.  The roof was made from scored polystyrene sheet.  The two surfboards ( really too long by today's standards) came from a 31 Ford if I remember correctly. and the wood boards I shaped from basswood.  Here they are unpainted.  As of now, they are base painted white but I masked the center stringer area so it will remain wood once they are finished.

If I did this correctly, here are some "in progress" shots of the woodie under construction.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPz6IpUjkP5uBmAaKI64sGQfvh_bF2aHZIjo8I9

Hope this answered your question........