Model Cars Magazine Forum
Kit Karson

Kit Karson's '33 3hree Window Coupe 420c

This is such a great build with details in the pics so others can follow along. THANKS for a great WIP post and congrats on a great build.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:00 AM, iBorg said:

This is such a great build with details in the pics so others can follow along. THANKS for a great WIP post and congrats on a great build.

Thanks, Mike! And, I appreciate the kind word, Wayne!  Need to get back to this...  -KK

Haven't finished the '33 coupe and have relocated in the last year to the country estate located in the Georgia rolling hills east of Alabama and just west of South Carolina.  My new/old bench is alive and well in the bonus room over the parlor.  A couple of dormers let in the natural light during the day and over work space lamps light the surface to work in the dark hours of the early mornings.

I'll leave you with a few recent shots of the coupe before it landed back on my bucket stack of semi-started WIPs.  Check you all later, -KK

'33 Coupe Chassis  Rear C Notch

5ca8e18379c13_33CoupeChassisRearCNotchc.thumb.jpg.a559ef057fbb390032be7e1e986ce60d.jpg

'33 Coupe Trunk Floor Restoration

5ca8e1cb35ece_33CoupeTrunkFloorRestorationg.thumb.jpg.6c431e6adc6832443f2eb67abe045727.jpg

'33 Coupe Money Shot

5ca8e2007b61a_33CoupeTrunkFloorRestorationl.jpg.3a7dba45f1ae3155ed7d8c1790b8e8ea.jpg

I’m glad to see this back on the bench. I just discovered this build and reading through the thread has been very entertaining. Outstanding work here, looking forward to seeing more. 

Me too! I really appreciate all the cool tricks and clever parts sourcing that has gone into this project so far. Looking forward to seeing more, whenever that happens to be :)

Nice stuff there Kit!!  Love the rear axle

set up you got going on!!!!  Doesn't seem

to steal much trunk space either?

David S.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:32 AM, mod3l Lover said:

Nice stuff there Kit!!  Love the rear axle

set up you got going on!!!!  Doesn't seem

to steal much trunk space either?

David S.

David, look back at the section where the trunk floor had to be raised... -KK

'33 Coupe Chassis Trunk Restoration

'33 Coupe Chassis Trunk Restoration Part e.jpg

Posted (edited)

Nip Tuck and it all tucks in nicely. -KK

WP_20190813_006.jpg

WP_20190813_008.jpg

Edited by Kit Karson

Simply astounding work on this model. Having a first hand knowledge of how things need to be in the real world has proven to be a real asset here. Of course having the slice and dice skills of a surgeon along with a "take no prisoners" attitude about absolute perfection in all details is obvious in these photos. Thanks for sharing your skills with us. I'm in awe and will certainly continue to follow your progress.

Stunning work - I’ve really been enjoying watching this build come together!!

This sure has been an interesting thread with fantastic building and mods. I have picked up a couple ideas from this. Keep up the great work, looking very forward to seeing it in paint. 

That’s a nice looking rear end you’ve got there. Nice and tight looking! 

😉