Model Cars Magazine Forum

some issues...

Samuel S

hello dear members, I try to write things on the web and when I type couple letters or couple words if I get far enough, it will suddenly just exit itself from typing and I'd have to work off site to type then copy and paste... does anyone have solution for this cause?

There's an ad running on this site now that causes me problems like that, and sometimes kicks me clear out of my browser. It's black with just a "play" button in the middle of it, and it can be seen either at the top or bottom of a page/thread. Fortunately it has an X in the left upper corner so you can click it away, and then things work fine again. It's getting so when I open a thread here, first thing I do is check top and bottom to see if that SOB is there, and if so, I wish it into the cornfield so I can get on with my life.

This happened to me last night while trying to send a couple of PMs.  It happened while I was on my laptop.  I finally gave up and tried on my cell phone.  I had no problems while on my cell.  I did not pay attention to the ads, but I do recall seeing the ad that Snake mentioned.

There's an ad running on this site now that causes me problems like that, and sometimes kicks me clear out of my browser. It's black with just a "play" button in the middle of it, and it can be seen either at the top or bottom of a page/thread. Fortunately it has an X in the left upper corner so you can click it away, and then things work fine again. It's getting so when I open a thread here, first thing I do is check top and bottom to see if that SOB is there, and if so, I wish it into the cornfield so I can get on with my life.

The evil thing is getting worse. Today I've seen it at both top AND bottom of a page, and also in the middle of a thread!

But find it and click it away and the whole board runs fine!

• 2 weeks later...