Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Me Your Diecasts!!

Clay

Obviously, lets see your diecasts!!! But I know alot of you guys have a ton of diecasts so pick the ones that interest you the most. now since I have a few diecast, I will show them all.

1937 Studebaker Pickup

Diecasts001.jpg

Diecasts002.jpg

1937 Studebaker Woody Wagon

Diecasts004.jpg

Diecasts005.jpg

#9 WCW Ford Taurus

Diecasts008.jpg

Diecasts009.jpg

#9 WCW/nWo Ford Taurus

Diecasts010.jpg

Diecasts011.jpg

TO THE BATMOBILE!!

Batmobilewithbatman.jpg

1/18 scale hot wheels Bat car

Batmobilewithlittlebatmobileandsmallerbatmobile.jpg

the 1/18 bat car with a 1/43 scale from Ertl that i got in summer of 89, and a 1/64 scale hot wheels bat car.

"Welcome aboard the Knight 2000"

kittclosedupposedandlitup.jpg

kittdashdetail.jpg

kittopenedupinteriorview.jpg

kittopenedupwithseatejected.jpg

note the working ejector seat!

kitttopviewscannerlitup.jpg

and yes, the scanner DOES light up and go from side to side!

larajeepside.jpg

Lara Croft's Jeep from the second TR movie with Lady Croft modeling for the model :(

This was an old Ertl "Boss" '70 Stang that I just "modified" I added a resin&metal 427 "cammer" motor from liberty classics which required EXTENSIVE mods on the chasis and E. bay, wheels are from GMP and modified to fit..flocked and repainted the interior, body is Duplicolor :P

000_2542.jpg

000_2546.jpg

000_2545.jpg

000_2549.jpg

I really like the Presidential Limo's (1/24, IIRC) by Yat Ming.

This is the only one I have photographed so far. This is the "LBJ" car, which was the re-bodied Kennedy car that the White House recieved approx. six months after Kennedy's assisination. It was reportedly painted in the same blue as Kennedy's limo, and President Johnson wouldn't accept it. He made them paint it black.

I also made new flags on my computer, using address labels, and inserting heavy duty aluminum foil in between the two sides. That way, they can be bent and folded. No matter what I did to the ones out of the box, they just looked to stiff, like cardboard.

DSC00007-vi.jpg

DSC15-vi.jpg

DSC00013-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Here is another interesting car I have... like the box shows, it's a Wix Filters promotional die-cast, 1/24 or 1/25 scale.

DSC00021-vi.jpg

This one is currently packed away. Does it deserve to be displayed?

DSC00027-vi.jpg

Needs a little detailing like on the headers etc.

DSC00025-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

DSC00029-vi.jpg

-Jon-

I have nearly 4500 different 1/64 NASCAR, and about 300 more street cars too. Wanna see em all? LOL! Gregg would kill me, I think. Or at least kick me off the board. B)

I also make my own. The major companies can't be bothered to make most of them so I do.

I just finished my 1978 Thunderbird master. I took the Motor Max 78 Thunderbird from the American Grafitti line and converted it....tons of work. It'll be available in resin by the end of summer. B)

These are some of the ones I like best.

http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/diecast/

The following pictures are ALL 1/64 scale! It's actually the hardest scale to build in, roughly 2 and a half time harder then 1/24. Obviously, by the amount of time here and other model boards, I've done plenty of both.

The God-forsaken board shrink makes all the pictures look like ######. Click on them and you will see how they SHOULD look.

1955 Tim Flock

2007March20th016-vi.jpg

1980 Janet Guthrie

July2007061-vi.jpg

1995 Jimmy Horton

Feb2008035-vi.jpg

1994 Rick Carelli. The first time I've ever painted a car 4 colors.

Feb2008031-vi.jpg

1997 Dave Marcis Making of Champions. There are nearly 70 decals on the body. Would have been more if I didn't ruin a few too.

July2007126-vi.jpg

Edited by Billy Kingsley

2002 Rick Mast. The only one I've done so far with an opening trunk.

2007OctoberPart2228-vi.jpg

2002 Ted Musgrave. I BMF'd the entire body. Took 32 pieces to do. In retrospect I should have had Bob @ Chrome Tech plate it for me.

2006August4th024-vi.jpg

2004 Morgan Shephard. It took me 2 years to find a donor body to make this, and at that I had to have a friend donate one from his stash. Wish the picture was better! I'm currently building a 1/24 version of this to give to Morgan himself!

July2007070-vi.jpg

2005 Kurt Busch Bud Shootout version.

2006June6th080-vi.jpg

2007 Jeremy Mayfield. First Toyota I've ever built in any scale.

2007OctoberPart2235-vi.jpg

2007 Kenny Wallace. My favorite of them all. The 1/24 model has been seen here before, it was the first, and will be the last, NASCAR Cup car I finished in the year it was run.

July2007015-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking B)

Hey guy's :D .

I've been a "Closet" die-cast person for years :D . I didn't know it was O.K. to admit it LOL :D . I like Danbury Mint and Franklin mint, but these we're made for WICK'S FILTERS by THE ERTLE CO.. The rear '55 is what I started with. The one in the foreground I chopped off the roof, ripped out the interior. pulled out the engine, stripped the undercarriage, and stripped the paint. This was a lot of fun !! :)

I made the convertible roof and the boot. I did the interior in leather and painted the car single stage PPG black and 2 stage HOK tangerine over HOK silver flake. Added clear and a good rub job. Engine is from the '39 Wagon Rod, and the chrome undercarriage is from the parts box. As I said "FUN"

I feel better now admitting "My Fettish" and getting out of the "Closet" :lol: -LOL

2008_0612Photobucket10019.jpg

2008_0612Photobucket10026.jpg

2008_0612Photobucket10023.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave