Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth Bullnose 1953 1/25 Strato-models

This time I will show you something special. This kit of Kenworth Bullnose is very rare. Just about 25-27 kits (cabinekits) were produced. So this model is just a resin combinated with chassis from KFS (made by cnc). What can I say about real truck? …so ugly as is beautyfull.The first new postwar truck with cab over the engine layout was the range 500. This version used doors, roof elements and chassis from conventional models of 500 series. For the original shape of the front end the truck received nickname “Bull-Nose”. Interestingly, the cab of the truck didn’t tilt, and was rigidly fixed to the frame. Service of the engine was either from the cockpit or below. Cabin was available in both day and sleeper version. The range included model 521 (4×2), 523 (6×4) and 524 (6×2). My model is covered by Mr.Hobby surfacer 1000, then painted by white base (carpaint) and covered by 2k clearcoat. Chromed parts are airbrushed by Spaz Stix. Another specialty is unique page and page suspensions. All resin parts are produced by Pavel Behensky. Wheels are also resin. Kit consists also set of photoetched parts, also fully colored.

• 4 weeks later...