Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2017 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Camaro SS

RandyB.

Celebrating 50 years of Camaro. My latest build, 2017 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Camaro SS 6.2 litre seen here with its older brother a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396.

AMT_2017_Chevrolet_Camaro_SSaa.thumb.jpg

1967_Camaro_SS_and_2017_Camaro_SSa.thumb

1967_Camaro_SS_and_2017_Camaro_SSb.thumb

1967_Camaro_SS_and_2017_Camaro_SSc.thumb

1967_Camaro_SS_and_2017_Camaro_SSd.thumb

1967_and_2017_Camaro_SSgg.thumb.jpg.2098

Edited by RandyB.
added pic

Love the new !,waiting for my local hobby shop to get some in,what color did you paint the 2017.

The factory color is Nightfall Gray Metallic which I couldn't find so I painted it in Dupli-Color Storm Gray Metallic. 

11.thumb.jpg.1ceab318ef4dba1ec5911c7dac8

Goes together good but does sit a bit high and needs to be lowered.

Randy.....really, really sharp model you have there. 

So other than the ride height issue, you didn't really have any assembly problems?  If so, that's good to hear 

Unclear about the ride height comment, though...did you go ahead and lower it in your build, or does your picture represent the ride height right out of the box? 

Either way, I'm impressed.  

Thanks for giving us your report on how the kit assembles and looks when completed....

TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

Randy.....really, really sharp model you have there. 

So other than the ride height issue, you didn't really have any assembly problems?  If so, that's good to hear 

Unclear about the ride height comment, though...did you go ahead and lower it in your build, or does your picture represent the ride height right out of the box? 

Either way, I'm impressed.  

Thanks for giving us your report on how the kit assembles and looks when completed....

TIM 

Thanks Tim. The pic I posted was after the ride height was corrected. It was a matter of trimming some of the suspension parts so that it would sit lower in the chassis. The rest of the model fit pretty good.

Nice job, just picked up this camaro kit yesterday. What did you use as a primer for the paint? I've used duplicolor before and it messed up the model.

Thanks David.  I always use Tamiya primer, usually white but on this one I used gray.

After seeing Randy's build, Jonathon's build from a few months ago, and  one other one (I think it may have been yours Ron), if I was ever going to build a current car kit, this would be the one to go on the table.  And this coming from a lifetime 1/1 scale Mustang GT owner/driver (10 of them that I recall)  who doesn't have much use for Camaros, no less!  

Guys...your work is inspirational and to John G, Tom L and the team at Round 2, mega kudos for your current Camaro kit series.  May there be more from where that came from! 

TIM

After seeing Randy's build, Jonathon's build from a few months ago, and  one other one (I think it may have been yours Ron), if I was ever going to build a current car kit, this would be the one to go on the table.  And this coming from a lifetime 1/1 scale Mustang GT owner/driver (10 of them that I recall)  who doesn't have much use for Camaros, no less!  

Guys...your work is inspirational and to John G, Tom L and the team at Round 2, mega kudos for your current Camaro kit series.  May there be more from where that came from! 

TIM

Thanks Tim and Tom. Tim I currently own a 1:1 2005 Mustang GT that I bought new in 2005. I also used to own a '79 Camaro Z/28. I grew up in a chevy family and felt like I was a trader when I bought my Mustang. I never really cared for the new Camaros.....I like the old ones though!

15073280_10153852837111876_6595794420171081353_n.jpg

Edited by RandyB.