Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jerry Harvey Galaxie Color & Decals

mredjr

Is this the white '63 ROMY HAMMES Ford Galaxie you are building? If it is,a quick check with the PPG/Ditzler paint chart shows a Corinthian White as a stock Ford color for that year. I painted mine with a Wimbledon White Dupli-Color Touch Up

spray, and used Fred Cady decals on the car. Hope this is helpful.

Barry Kennedy

Ontario, Canada

No it was a 63 Ford I saw it on George Klass Remembers in the super stock section but it was an A/MP car. The car had a black top but was wondering the body color. I looked at Ford colors for 63 and they had Champagne Poly, Fieldstone Tan Poly, Rose Beige Poly and Sandshell Beige it looks like it could have been one of those or maybe silver.

Edited by mredjr

Thanks john good eye. That is what I normaly do because I don't loke to build from a picture of a restored car.  missed that this time. I agree with you on the color and i think that is what i am going to do.

Ok, That car.

Ive seen this picture before and completely forgot about this one. I agree , its gold. But I'm going to assume with a champagne gold interior maybe ?

And as an fyi, you know Competition resin makes a tear drop hood that fits this body ?  ( I've got one )  And I think Drag City Casting makes one as well ???????

I'd be interested in a set of the decals to do this car for myself

• 2 weeks later...

Im in . plus any other early Ford SS cars  . Or even some different Mopar  or GM cars from the same period . I mean while your it.

I just bought an Alps printer and will be doing a bunch of decals I will look at this one it actually is one I was looking at that I may also want to do for myself... I will be adding about 25 over the next month...